Super Jet Pole Weight?

Starting up a Pole Weight database. Keep in mind that every weight here was given on a different scale (For the mostpart) and will vary.

So far we have:

Stock SN Pole - Pre reinforcing ------------ 12 lbs. 13 oz.
Stock RN Pole - Pre reinforcing ------------ 8 lbs. 0 oz.
- 4" RN Pole - Pre reinforcing -------------- 7 lbs. 8 oz.
RRP Pole (the cast version) ---------------- 11 lbs. 8 oz.
-2 " 24/7 Carbon Pole --------------------- 6 lbs. 0 oz.

Last edited:
I got the hazard bracket, but I'm still mid build. I mocked it up and the RN pole is awesome feeling. I can't imagine how it does in real life. I took a little off the top when I had the brackets power coated and some off the bottom to equal 4 inches. Seems super short and skinny compared to the SN shovel. I also got a shortened turn plate, but the only riding I have done with it is on the stand in the yard with the sprinkler going, lol. CAN'T WAIT!!

Oh yea I had a -2 SN AC pole I was going to use, but it was pretty heavy and bulky when compared to the RN pole.

Last edited:
Just updating this thread.

SJ Build Winter 2010 010.jpgStock SN Pole without anything.
SJ Build Winter 2010 013.jpgStock RN pole without anything.

Mind you, this is weighed on a normal scale, nothing too special. But, its gives a good starting point.

Boris

The Good Old Days
Another update.

A stock RN pole cut down 4" but not yet reinforced 3.2kg or 7.5LB

A bare RRP (the cast version) 5.4kg or 11.5LB

Anyone have the info on x-metals poles, both adjustable and non adjustable ??
Would be nice to have a full list.

Last edited:

Boris

The Good Old Days
Also, the RN pole floats which to me is very important.
Not as much for flotation but more for the fact that it will help right your ski if you ever lose it in the surf instead of acting like a heavy keel.

Also, the RN pole floats which to me is very important.
Not as much for flotation but more for the fact that it will help right your ski if you ever lose it in the surf instead of acting like a heavy keel.

Great point.

As for a full list, I will update my original post with any information I find. Great idea.

Top Bottom