Krashindustries.com is selling 997cc RTR Skis for $12,000.00

Panner

Panner
I’m 6foot3 all legs and have used 75mm bars on all my AM skis. Thinking of 50mm now. Also have drilled extra holes and moved my fottholds forward and can’t believe how much my pole has shortened in a year. Also I find the more I ride the shorter my pole can be. When I don’t ride for awhile it feels to short again. Keep riding it and keep adjusting. It gets better. I hear the predator is a great hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll just take time... I'm 6' 2 and started riding g footholds forward and pole lengthened as I got more comfortable it was much better with the footholds back more over the pump and now im down to to a shortened pole again... I've probably tried half a dozen setups... it's easy enough to change....you just have to see what fits you best.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I was making 2 points.
1. No OEMs make a perfect product. That's part of the reason why they offer a warranty.
2. Internet trolls are everywhere!

This thread makes me wonder what would have happened if the internet was around when Yamaha came out with their first watercraft. Can you imagine the number of kawi fans that would be hating on them? I'm sure it would have been epic!
1. OEM's have mistakes, but they produce thousands of units each year of multiple different models. So a few of these have problems it really is not known. When an Aftermarket Company decides to make a ready to run unit. And the first ones that get here damn near all have issues............. There is an issue. If a Few Yamaha's, Seadoo's, Kawi's have problems, your talking what 2% maybe...... But when 3 out of maybe 10 that are here in the US. That is about 30%. (Yes, Nick and some of his guys came over and helped to get straightened out.
2. This is a very small community. Because of this you are going to hear more of the bad, and it will get talked about more. They released all the info with dates, and then everything kept getting pushed back, and back.......... There has also been a fair amount of issues with build kits also. With Yamaha, Kawi, Seadoo, We are not going to hear about even a small portion of issues.

So honestly, Your Condescending "Internet trolls are everywhere" comment is pure BS. Yes, with any small community there will be haters, as with larger communitys. Ford Vs Chevy............... Yamaha vs Seadoo.......... But guess what, Many of the Hater's who have posted here, have owned some of these products and have first hand knowledge. One guy even bought 2 of them and I believe he has both for sale now.

Again, people keep comparing to OEMs and that is just stupid to do so. Your talking about comparing Krash (a startup with low funding) vs a multi-million, if not billion dollar OEM company.

Irregardless of $$, you're talking about OEMs with 50+ years in the business. 50+ years of R&D, design, quality control improvements, process control improvements, standardized design rules, best practises, and 1000's upon 1000's of licorice ups that each company made, learnt from, and implemented prevent recurrence actions to prevent from reaching the customer. Now you're comparing that behemoth of an OEM to Krash. A small company, catering to a even smaller population of people who want this type of product.

Let's get something straight, no other OEM is going to do this. So we can either get on board with krash and try to help pave the way for an amazing product or we can sit here and bash the only chance this industry has to thrive and offer a product with this level of performance at the current price point.

Fyi, I own a Krash 50cal RTP and I know allll about the issues. Leaking midshaft due to poor adhesion, blew out two motor mounts, tuning issues, some loose bolts, and I'm sure more issues to arise. The difference is I knew what I was getting into, my expectations were to have to work on it because I didn't expect the quality of a $25,000 custom built ski out of a $12,000 ski from a new manufacturer. Yes it pisses me off when my ski goes down, but Krash has been amazing to deal with. Literally unparalleled customer service. To me, that more than offsets the frustrations from losing a few weeks of riding. To top it off, I'm helping move our sport in the right direction. I'm working with krash to help them improve the product and get to a position where they don't have these issues. Sure I don't know the longevity of the engine or pump or other components, but if Krash's customer service continues to impress me, as it always does, I have no worries I will have a great product in the end.

There's more than one viewpoint; everyone has a different level of expectation based the $ they spend. Overall, yes there's issues, yes people have sold some, but there are just as many people out there with zero issues and loving every minute on their Krash skis.

Ultimately, Im defeding Krash because I love my RTP, regardless of the issues, but make your own decision based on the info in this thread, and don't let anyone here sway you one way or another.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

E350

Site Supporter
@LittleDuke1021 I would like to start a thread entitled "Pole vs Fixed Steer" for the surf.
I love the bottom hull on our X2.
But I am hunched over all the time and it hurts my neck.
But maybe with fixed steer you can really apply pressure to the bow, which would seem advantageous for front bow carving in the surf?
But being able to stand up tall on our Super Jet or 550sx makes my neck feel better. But it is harder (at my experience/skill level) to throw my weight forward to carve the bond line on the pole skis than it is on the fixed steer X2.
LittleDuke1021 Keep letting us know what you think of the Predator.

Last edited:
Got my Krash pred about a week ago. Come from riding a super jet in the surf. Having a hard time getting comfortable on the krash. Feel hunched over on the ski, it’s affecting my riding and I can’t seem to get use to it. Anyone have any recommendations on the pole/bar setup. I’m about 6 foot. Was thinking about high rise bars?

I’m 6’4, When I first got mine I felt the same uncomfortable hunched over, not as bad in the surf but more on the lakes. moved the pole out 2” and it was way better. Since then I’ve played with it in and out a few positions. Finally, Love the riser bars on it, that seemed to make the biggest difference in comfort for me right now.

It’s been holding together great now that some of the early build crap is flushed out, put another couple tanks thru it yesterday and more on Friday it was feeling great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that thing just doesn't sound that great. it does not sound like a beast
You are making a judgement based on a slow motion video that was recorded on a camera that was enclosed and soaking wet. Nevermind that the motor is designed unlike any Yamaha based engine and has it's own specific exhaust as well.

You are making a judgement based on a slow motion video that was recorded on a camera that was enclosed and soaking wet. Nevermind that the motor is designed unlike any Yamaha based engine and has it's own specific exhaust as well.
no, i'm hearing what it sounds like before the slow mo, when he's gassing it. I know what beast sounds like. I ride them, I have them and when you hear them, they make a distinct sound and instantly wind up. I also ride ported 701s and 760s and they sound similar to what I have heard coming out of these. these things are 1000CCs! they better have some balls!
do you know what power is, feels like and what it sounds like?

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
They dont look to beastly to me either, but I wouldn't expect anything more for how cheap they are. They are essentially running a B-pipe, which would choke down any motor, and to keep reliability up, they probably didn't want them pushing too much hp.
Port job, laydown pipe, total loss, would all do wonders for that motor I'm sure, but not being yamaha base, your stuck with keeping it stock.

So far in my opinion, the motor is not reaching what it's capable of. Whomever said these are comparable to a TPE 1107 is completely wrong. I rode a TPE 964 with a laydown and it was quite a bit more peppy but it was also in a lighter Rickter hull so hard to compare engine only. Regardless it's close enough in power to a TPE that I am happy with it for the price :)

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
So far in my opinion, the motor is not reaching what it's capable of. Whomever said these are comparable to a TPE 1107 is completely wrong. I rode a TPE 964 with a laydown and it was quite a bit more peppy but it was also in a lighter Rickter hull so hard to compare engine only. Regardless it's close enough in power to a TPE that I am happy with it for the price :)

I rode a 50 cal recently and I would like to write a review. I made a bet with Chris Grace that if he doesn't come ride some real NY surf before winter that I'm going to drop some knowledge on this thread. I have a lot of valid questions, stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[QUOTE = "Littleduke1021, publicación: 1998027, miembro: 28333"] Recibí mi Krash pred hace aproximadamente una semana. Ven de un super jet en el surf. Tener dificultades para sentirse cómodo en el krash. Siento encorvado sobre el esquí, está afectando a mi conducción y parece que no puedo acostumbrarme. Alguien tiene recomendaciones sobre la publicación del poste / barra. Tengo alrededor de 6 pies. ¿Estaba pensando en bares de gran altura? [/ QUOTE]
1.the same thing happens to me and almost half a warranty period went away

[QUOTE = "Panner, post: 1998036, member: 25074"] Estoy 6foot3 todas las piernas y he utilizado barras de 75 mm en todos mis esquís AM. Pensando en 50 mm ahora. También he perforado agujeros adicionales y movido mis fotolitos hacia adelante y no puedo creer cuánto se ha acortado mi pértiga en un año. También encuentro que cuanto más monto, más corto puede ser mi polo. Cuando no ando por un tiempo, siento que me corto de nuevo. Sigue montando y sigue ajustándote. Se pone mejor. Escuché que el depredador es un gran casco.

Enviado desde mi iPhone usando Tapatalk [/ QUOTE]
I have only done the filming and I think I ll like it

[QUOTE = "x2jon, publicación: 1998044, miembro: 22090"] Tengo 6'4 años. Cuando llegué a la mía, sentí lo mismo incómodo encorvado, no tan mal en las olas sino más en los lagos. movió el poste 2 "y fue mucho mejor. Desde entonces he jugado con él dentro y fuera de algunas posiciones. Finalmente, me encantan las barras verticales, que parecían hacer la mayor diferencia en comodidad para mí en este momento.

Se ha estado manteniendo genial ahora que algunas de las acumulaciones de builds tempranas se agotaron, pusieron otro par de tanques a través de ellas ayer y más el viernes se sintió genial.

Enviado desde mi iPhone usando Tapatalk [/ QUOTE]
how much is the maximun that allows the spread of the krash pole

no, i'm hearing what it sounds like before the slow mo, when he's gassing it. I know what beast sounds like. I ride them, I have them and when you hear them, they make a distinct sound and instantly wind up. I also ride ported 701s and 760s and they sound similar to what I have heard coming out of these. these things are 1000CCs! they better have some balls!
do you know what power is, feels like and what it sounds like?

I have ridden and felt power. 964s, 950s, 850s, 1105s. But they were all in light flat water skis. But you're right about one thing, my 997 does not just instantly light up. It's very rideable. I'm not saying the 997 is weak, it's just a different engine. I'd love to ride a nice light hull with this engine and see what it's like.

The exhaust is MUCH larger than a B pipe fyi.

Exactly, all of us owners are incredibly happy with the ski that we got for the price. And Krash's customer support has been over the top.

I have one of the first production units and have had some issues with it earlier in the summer. A handful of little things, but I'll continue to defend Krash. Their customer support has been the best I've ever gotten from any company before and it's obvious that they're really working to grow the sport.

Edited for typos.

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
@LittleDuke1021 I would like to start a thread entitled "Pole vs Fixed Steer" for the surf.
I love the bottom hull on our X2.
But I am hunched over all the time and it hurts my neck.
But maybe with fixed steer you can really apply pressure to the bow, which would seem advantageous for front bow carving in the surf?
But being able to stand up tall on our Super Jet or 550sx makes my neck feel better. But it is harder (at my experience/skill level) to throw my weight forward to carve the bond line on the pole skis than it is on the fixed steer X2.
LittleDuke1021 Keep letting us know what you think of the Predator.
Come out to the Pismo freeride next month and see if you can get a test ride on @senor FiX fixsteer ski. Much more comfortable and less fatigue compared to riding a pole ski. And it is everything you want your x2 to be. ;)

khaos

Party in a can!
Site Supporter
FWIW: The large side exhaust opening on the 997 is about an inch and a half larger than the B pipe. The small end was bigger but I honestly dont remember by how much. We compared them side by side while we had them out in the garage. You can insert the bpipe into the KV.

Currently, the mid to high power in my 50Cal is beast. I need to tune the carbs/pipe back a bit to get the band towards the bottom end so that low end pop comes out to play. The pipe feels set up to race vs freestyle. ;)

Capture.PNG

A properly ported B pipe manifold/head pipe is only a little bigger than a stock B pipe and OH MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE it makes!

whenever anybody says i'm happy with what I got for the price is just admitting they aren't really happy with what they are riding. so a great ski is supposed to be much more than 12k but a just ok ski about 12k? lol . I just paid 12k for this brand new ski that doesn't have that much power for 1000CCs and has a bunch of issues but I would have had to pay much more for something that didn't have issues and better power lol

Top Bottom