I want to try racing

Honestly racing is extremely boring. You spend all day waiting to run a two or three motos for 10 minutes each.

This is why Freeride took off. Anyone can show up and ride the course or location whenever they want. Ride, talk to pros, ride, make friends, ride, and party at night. Repeat.
Idk free riders just sit there and talk about flipping LOL !!! Racers act and get skis dialed in faster Or handle better. What product’s or Company’s parts make our skis faster so the suppliers actually see the product in action . also you get to see how Good
Your skills really are when your on the line. hands on with the skis more tuning etc . Freeride is fun buutttttttt not like racing .

Greatlakeswatercross.com. Get out and race !!! Still love ya Birdman

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Idk free riders just sit there and talk about flipping LOL !!! Racers act and get skis dialed in faster Or handle better. What product’s or Company’s parts make our skis faster so the suppliers actually see the product in action . also you get to see how Good
Your skills really are when your on the line. hands on with the skis more tuning etc . Freeride is fun buutttttttt not like racing .

Greatlakeswatercross.com. Get out and race !!! Still love ya Birdman
I have raced and competed in freestyle. I will take racing any day of the year.

What's needed to sign up for a race? Any recommendations on helmets?
I just use a regular mx helmet, most people do. I don't use shoes, gloves or goggles but most guys do. You will need a back protector for any ski class, most people including me use the jettribe one. Obviously will need a life vest/pfd. You will need a membership for whatever sanctioning body covers the race, aka ijsba or pro watercross, you can sign up right at the race. Expect to never actually see an ijsba membership card but your info should be in the system for future races.
Read the rulebook for whatever class you plan to race but at the very least make sure your battery is secure, fuel lines zip tied, and you have a tow loop on the bow.
If you're going to region 8 races a scissor stand will be handy for most venues, a beach cart to launch but if you don't have one there's a lot of guys there willing to let you borrow a cart and 4 wheeler to launch

beerdart

4-Tec Jetmate
How do you find out when and where they are having races?

Top Bottom