Got my baby ready....

Got my Octane ready..... Group K porting, lightened flywheel, protech drop nozzle, novi 46mm carbs, v-force reeds, and a wet wolf pump cone, superjet gas tank, 1200 pro ignition cover. Big thanks to all from this forum that helped with my questions!! Can't Waite to ride it. Think it will b faster than last years machine ....lol

Attachments

• DSC05482.JPG
    DSC05482.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC05483.JPG
    DSC05483.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC05485.JPG
    DSC05485.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC05486.JPG
    DSC05486.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC05481.JPG
    DSC05481.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 143
Looks sweet, I am new to the Octane world. One question, what was the reasoning for switching to the 1200 pro ignition cover?
The earlier stator covers are a bit slimmer, not sure if that's what he's talking about.
When Polaris started making DI engines, they added a water jacket to the front of the stator housing to cool the stator. That's what all the extra casting is on the Octane stator cover that makes removing the fuel tank such a pain...

The old octane tank was almost cut through buy the strap brackets, so replaced it. The stator cover was too big found a old post on here that's why I got rid of that. Alot of good ideas to make this ski a better one all got from here. :)

Fro Diesel

creative control
What's your compression to need straight 111? Race gas doesnt do anything but waste money faster unless your compression is higher than say 190psi.

Got group k to shave the heads and port the cylinders. Checked the compression its @ 150 psi. Had a crazy mod super jet before, and don't want this to blow up on my first test ride. Been hearing if you have too much compression on the 777 engine they wont last...... :)

You can run 93. I think my Octane was around 150 and I ran pump gas. Maybe a splash of race fuel if you're nervous. Just don't go crazy with the timing.
My big Polaris engine is at 165 psi and I run 93 with no detonation at all.

Top Bottom