DISCONTINUING THE SUPERJET????

Be cool if they did a electric superjet, with 2hr run time and swappable batteries. Hell if the weight was still an issue with 2hr run time, drop it down to 1hr. As long as you could easily swap batteries I don't think run time on a stand-up would be that big of an issue. I don't think the majority of stand up riders are riding for longer than 1hr-2hrs straight without stopping.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet

Guess the tech isnt there yet or we need a bigger company to try:

380lbs for 45 minute run time, 20K, and only 46hp is a hard pass. Better off putting a TR1 in a superjet hull if you are already at 380lbs vs that electric setup. The TR-1 is probably only 100lbs heavier than a 701 and can probably make twice the HP. 100lbs more for twice the HP isn't a bad trade off. Problem is that the superjet isn't kid/family friendly. Spark still sells well because it more beginner friendly. Most people can't commit to a standup.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Guess the tech isnt there yet or we need a bigger company to try:

380lbs for 45 minute run time, 20K, and only 46hp is a hard pass. Better off putting a TR1 in a superjet hull if you are already at 380lbs vs that electric setup. The TR-1 is probably only 100lbs heavier than a 701 and can probably make twice the HP. 100lbs more for twice the HP isn't a bad trade off. Problem is that the superjet isn't kid/family friendly. Spark still sells well because it more beginner friendly. Most people can't commit to a standup.

Electric 46HP is a ton of power. My 1hp electric gokart will smoke most 6.5hp gas powered karts.

The free foam jetski was just a bad joke. Their promises not so much....I am keen to see what Yamaha has up their sleeve. But why ist everybody so exited about the 4 stroke? I thought this is a freeride/freestyle forum....don't see any advantages the 4 stroke has except for racing.

The free foam jetski was just a bad joke. Their promises not so much....I am keen to see what Yamaha has up their sleeve. But why ist everybody so exited about the 4 stroke? I thought this is a freeride/freestyle forum....don't see any advantages the 4 stroke has except for racing.
Emissions would be the big one since here out West the 2 strokes are banned from some great riding areas and you can't buy new ones due to emissions also.

I did hear that there is a slight chance Yamaha might release the already ready 4 stroke superjet for the 30th anniversary of the superjet and that this will be the last year of the 2-stroke. I know we keep hearing this but this actually came from a dealer owner that is thinking of buying some leftovers still in crates since other dealers don't want to be stuck with a discontinued models they are thinking of just dumping them.

No new Superjet for 2020, the EPA results are out and its not on the list. The question now is if they will keep the 701 around a little longer..

Top Bottom