Zastava AK

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
I have a friend from Yugoslavia, left when it fell apart and the wars broke out. He's always been jealous of my Yugo M70AB2 AK I built from a parts kit back in the early 2000's. 1989 manufacture. Even got the US receiver maker to custom serial number the receiver to match the rest of the parts.
I've been on the lookout for a good kit for him to build, but the fact they require the barrels to be cut in addition to the receivers these days made it a hard proposition for him due to cost. Lo and behold, Zastava [the manufacturer who made the M70's for the yugo military] is selling new ones here in the states these days. Woohoo! Priced very nicely too. Went and checked them out at a local shop today. Key differences are:
-New build gun has chrome lined barrel. Military versions did not [one of the only AK's ever built without chrome lining actually]
-No flip up night sights
-Scope rail built into left side of receiver
I was very surprised to see the grenade sights still there. More surprised all the parts had etched in military style part numbers on them exactly like my M70 does. Overall a great rifle. If you want an AK, the yugo is the only way to go [unless you 5.56 then go build a Galil]. 1.5mm receiver as apposed to the 1mm that is standard, and RPK style front trunnion. They shoot smoother and more accurate then the other AK's I've handled over the years. I'll post some pics once it arrives [had to order as they didn't have the wood color we wanted in store] but here is my M70 to start with.
gun1.jpg

Last edited:

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
Like pistons in engines, girls dont like small thickness receivers or small trunnions. They like em big and manly. Thiiiiiick

Top Bottom