What steering plate?

What steering plate and cable clamp set up are the cool guys using with a stock pole? Doing a ground-up “Tom 21” build, using a Cold Fusion on my “daily rider” but inquiring if there’s a better setup then bolting an aftermarket cable clamp on. Thanks

I had a thrust short steering setup on mine but went back to my old umi setup as it was to sensative for my liking. My setup is tom 21 tubbies with a kawi 650 pump and trim with a sxr 800 impeller cut back 4mm with a 701 dual carb with a b pipe and a west coast head. Widened tray with ricter footholds. It turns just fine with the slower steering and is not as prone to the high speed slide sideways the stocker used to do.

I have blowsion universal ovp. Ran it on my stock superjet pole but the chin pad would need modification to work.

I agree with the above sentiment that OVP is the jam! I also highly recommend ANY adjustable handle pole with it so you can fine tune your riding position. I think all skis should have way shorter poles for optimal balance and positioning and they were made long for ease of use when boarding. My 550 with a mega short rrp pole and ovp with riser bars is damn near impossible to pull yourself up on, but in the heart of a turn my weight is so much more balanced on the ski than with a stock pole.

My rockered -4 superjet had a super short pole and I just side mounted it to get back on. Turn ski on its side with carbs up, turn bars to the right,start engine, put knee in the tray and give a little throttle and you pop right back up. Much less fatigue than trying to board the Ski the standard way on your stomach. My superfreak side mounts very easy and no pulling yourself back up as you're already on your knees when you right the Ski. Use the thrust and steering to do the work for you.

You'll have to make brackets to move the chin pad forward from where it bolts up and extend the tongue on the front. I made my own chinpad to work with my rrp pole which bolts up like the stock chinpad.

Attachments

• 20221111_200749.jpg
    20221111_200749.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200106_213005.jpg
    20200106_213005.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200716_010133.jpg
    20200716_010133.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom