Trim systems

I recently bought a torrent 155 so figured why not go ahead and upgrade my trim system while I'm at it. I was leaning towards the raptor kit, but figured I would get some opinions to make sure I don't change my mind. I currently have the thrust pro and while it's served me well, I know better systems exist. The raptor has been out long enough now that you guys with experience should be able to tell me of any pros/cons. I know the XS set up properly works great but I don't care to fool with the maintenance and couplers on it. I've seen the pitch kit but honestly haven't heard enough about it. Mainly, is there any reason NOT to choose the raptor kit? It seems like the best option at the moment.

I have had the XS Pro system for a few years now, I got into it on the first initial release. It was a horrible experience, constant machine work making bushings and bolts to keep it working correctly. Ultimately I ended up with the newest version (updated hinge point bushings, thicker nozzle) in early 2020 and it has been trouble free. With that being said, I have stuck with XS on this system because the service has been one of the best experiences I have had, and I do really like it. Many occasions I would send a text to Tricky and he would offer free updated parts at no cost, and when the updated version was available to the public he went above the bar and offered me that new system at a heavily discounted price. Nobody likes being down before the weekend, Tricky and XS did their best to keep me going and I thank them for that.

I have not personally ran the Pitch or Raptor, I do know Phil and he is a great guy. He has the eye for quality and it shows.

Dang, I actually didn’t even consider the XS pro. I only have experience with the old style with a b pipe coupler. Worked fine but, again, don’t care for it. Wonder how the XS pro compares to the raptor?

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Dang, I actually didn’t even consider the XS pro. I only have experience with the old style with a b pipe coupler. Worked fine but, again, don’t care for it. Wonder how the XS pro compares to the raptor?

Go XS Pro, hands down a better overall experience

Jcary85

Site Supporter
Raptor is a nice system. Most repair parts are available from McMaster (though the bolts are turned down on a lathe). Exit nozzle ears are a bit thin in my opinion but it’s basically the same nozzle on an XS system. I think Raptor is most popular with pro riders these days.

I will say in my experience, any system with a rubber type flowguard does perform differently. Better for some people. I would not rule out the Raptor trim, but I do believe you would be happy with either

Raptor is a nice system. Most repair parts are available from McMaster (though the bolts are turned down on a lathe). Exit nozzle ears are a bit thin in my opinion but it’s basically the same nozzle on an XS system. I think Raptor is most popular with pro riders these days.

The nozzles do look similar. I had emailed Phil earlier asking a few questions. He said he has new designed kits on the way with improvements.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I have had the XS Pro system for a few years now, I got into it on the first initial release. It was a horrible experience, constant machine work making bushings and bolts to keep it working correctly. Ultimately I ended up with the newest version (updated hinge point bushings, thicker nozzle) in early 2020 and it has been trouble free. With that being said, I have stuck with XS on this system because the service has been one of the best experiences I have had, and I do really like it. Many occasions I would send a text to Tricky and he would offer free updated parts at no cost, and when the updated version was available to the public he went above the bar and offered me that new system at a heavily discounted price. Nobody likes being down before the weekend, Tricky and XS did their best to keep me going and I thank them for that.

I have not personally ran the Pitch or Raptor, I do know Phil and he is a great guy. He has the eye for quality and it shows.
That good to hear, All I have heard is nighmares on the newer XS system. Glad they made changes to address the problems.

I will say in my experience, any system with a rubber type flowguard does perform differently. Better for some people. I would not rule out the Raptor trim, but I do believe you would be happy with either

Honestly think I’d like either one as well. I’m assuming the pitch isn’t even worth looking at. I can’t find hardly anything on it. The adjustable nozzle bore is interesting.

That good to hear, All I have heard is nighmares on the newer XS system. Glad they made changes to address the problems.

I agree. One of the reasons I didn’t consider it. In the past, anything I read wasn’t great. Raptor reviews from the get go were positive.

I have talked to a few people running the pitch composites setup and they love it. Same with the raptor trim...

Sent from my SM-N981W using Tapatalk

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I just realized that what I thought was the Torrent trim is really the Xscream trim.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-204217_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-204217_Chrome.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom