Total Loss

Not sure if this was posted anywhere or not. But I'm going to run a Total Loss set up on my js550sx. Anyone have any idea on how long on average a battery keeps a charge running Total Loss. We are heading out to the lake this weekend and was just curious as to when I should swap batteries.

BrightE's

Paulie B.
It's super dependent on the number of starts you do, and if you're turning on your bilge. The biggest amp draw is when you start. I can run one battery most of all of the day if I'm not having to restart the motor when I fall.

You'll know its starting to die when your starting power starts to go. But it'll run surprisingly long on a low battery so long as you dont need a start.

It's super dependent on the number of starts you do, and if you're turning on your bilge. The biggest amp draw is when you start. I can run one battery most of all of the day if I'm not having to restart the motor when I fall.

You'll know its starting to die when your starting power starts to go. But it'll run surprisingly long on a low battery so long as you dont need a start.
Right on, thanks a bunch. Did you notice a difference in power gain going to Total Loss? I'm new to Total Loss, obviously. Hahaha

BrightE's

Paulie B.
Right on, thanks a bunch. Did you notice a difference in power gain going to Total Loss? I'm new to Total Loss, obviously. Hahaha

Night and day my friend. It does most definitely cut down on reliability though keep in mind. Needs more upkeep, and its always smart to have a second battery laying around.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be taking my js550sx out with my Ultra 150. So I might just swap batteries while my wife is riding the Ultra to keep them charged. Hopefully it'll keep them both charged. I'm excited to get this ski done.
I'll be posting a thread soon on the build. I've got just the final 1000 grit sand down, polish, then put back together and lay new hydro turf. Will be on the water this weekend, and I'm stoked!

Top Bottom