Super Jet timing advance

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Life begins at 28* static timing advance and ends quickly if you ain't pullin it back hard at about 5000 RPM. Certain engines seem to enjoy some 35* action as well. Port timing seems to play a significant role as to how much timing a given motor likes. Mine used to love 35 and after Art did his magic it now seems better at 28.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
With an MSD enhancer I have always ran 3° advanced on stock to limited setups without any issue. Much improved throttle response and hit off the bottom as mentioned above. Its one of those mods I wish I could have gone back in time and learned years earlier.

The adjustable ignitions are really cool to play with and offer some serious gains but the enhancer with 3° of advance is pretty hard to beat.

Here is my current curve. Curve A is a tamed down version of the Enhancer curve for Surf and B is for flatater fun.
View attachment 146362

Last edited:
On the stator plate there is a real tiny dot midway in between the large dot that is max advance which I believe is 5 degrees...I remember a previous thread on here where an engine builder stated it is risky to advance with a stock cdi because they don't retard the timing as fast in the upper rpm as an enhancer...

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
It will be worth your while, just verify your jetting after any change. I don't recall having to make any adjustments on my skis but it never hurts to be cautious.

If you are not sure of how many degrees, use the rule of thumb that 2-3mm = 2-3°. There is a static timing mark on the stator as well as the case. Normally these line up for a static timing of zero. I set mine 3mm advanced.

QJS

X-
3 degrees of static advance would put you in the region of 25 degrees@7000 rpm with an enhancer, if you take a look at Boyers curve he's running 15 degrees at 7000rpm. This is a figure I am far more comfortable with. If you are going to do this don't go too high with the compresion, use high quality fuel and don't hold WOT.
Chris.

Frosty

New York Crew
Static Timing Advance with Dasa

so counter clockwise to advance timing? I'm planning to go 2mm on my new motor build... Dasa ss 850pv with enhancer, b-pipe, and custom cut domes to 190psi. anyone running static timing advance on a Dasa, or is everyone running the ATP with programable timing advance?

It will be worth your while, just verify your jetting after any change. I don't recall having to make any adjustments on my skis but it never hurts to be cautious.

If you are not sure of how many degrees, use the rule of thumb that 2-3mm = 2-3°. There is a static timing mark on the stator as well as the case. Normally these line up for a static timing of zero. I set mine 3mm advanced.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the stator set at 3• advanced

Top Bottom