Tigercraft Aquabot V1 Build / Discussion

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
Following this thread as well. I have a V1 and my right rear motor mount looks the same. But mine looks to be filled with the same resin laid up thru the whole Hull. I have a Jet Dynamics Alum pump shoe I am working with on mine. Can you post pics of the shims you made up? I had washers on the bottom screws at the pump shoe as well. Mine needs to be addressed. Thanks in advance. Thank you for posting this !

When i test fit my pump with the pump seal removed. I aligned the driveshaft to the mid shaft using the cold fusion alignment tool, shimmed the pump accordingly, and loosely bolted it in place. Then i used a piece 1/8" aluminum as a shim between the pump and the shoe to give the poper clearance for the pump seal and also set the shoe parallel to the pump. That allowed me to finger out what size i needed to make my shims.

Last edited:
Did the whole build over the winter. All work done by me. Got ported 760 with ADA head, DASA intake, VF3 Reeds, Mikuni 46's, Lightened flywheel, Zeel and a mod B pipe with Rad Dudes water box. Had to replace the broken stock superjet pump shoe. Lots of sanding later and it fits. 144 Mag pump with Thrust Innovations trim. Got it in the water and im starting to think the tray leaks water in or is water logged because after floating in the water for a bit the back of the tray will sink a couple inches under the water line. and just feels very nose high sometimes. Turf is getting redone soon so i might drill a test hole and see what's inside.

IMG_0046.jpg IMG_9873.jpg IMG_9876.jpg IMG_9975.jpg IMG_9979.jpg

What tray drains are you running? We had a few sets of micro drains from Tony where the dowel pin had to be bent outward to let the ball open.
Looks to be the stock "versa plug" style on the left and it also has a small version of that on one of the small tray drains...ive been thinking of just installing a normal plug there. Do the two small drains in the middle only drain the tray sections or are they routed to the main hull/engine bay?

Looks to be the stock "versa plug" style on the left and it also has a small version of that on one of the small tray drains...ive been thinking of just installing a normal plug there. Do the two small drains in the middle only drain the tray sections or are they routed to the main hull/engine bay?
Yeah, the smaller versa plug drains (like 3/4" ?) should be just for the tray. All of the trays leak a little bit there's no way around it. So probably just don't let the ski sit floating for too long.

Both my V1 Bot and my buddies SV-1 have a hole in the bottom corner of the bulk head to allow the engine bay to drain to the tray, than out through the versa plugs.
Bottom right in the pic.

Attachments

• 20210228_133907.jpg
    20210228_133907.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 21
First ride on the tubbies tonight on lake MI. Small surf, but it rides so much better in waves!

Attachments

• 20220801_191354.jpg
    20220801_191354.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220801_191256.jpg
    20220801_191256.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom