The Beach toolbox...essentials

well, the carb return spring discussion has gotten me thining.....Always trying to be prepared for the beach, then again it always seems that somene else has something that I/we need.....You guys keep anything special/unusual in your toolbox?

first off, beach tools are beach tools.....the good ones stay at home:

metric sockets full kit
needlenose and reg pliers
small adjustable crescent wrench
visegrips
wire crimping tool + waterproof bullet connectors
flashlight
plug gapper
ZIP TIES!!!!! a variety...
superglue

ether + a couple of spare sets of plugs (including a set of #7's :bigeyes: :sneaky: )

box o' bits--nutz/bolts..common stuff, but a good selection...all SS

new stuff im going to add for this weekend/from now on:

-4' piece of water hose..in case you have to disconnect the main line, gives you something to blow thru/pour water into..

-spare head gasket/o-ring kit/

-coupler (FPP)

-mikuni throttle return spring

there'd be a different list if I was packing up for a weekend/roadtrip....with full electricals/nozzles etc etc......but thats a different story.....

anyone else have any thoughts? now, this is just the "everyday" toolbox to go back and forth to the beach (hopefully, it never even gets opened).....

Phill

v Check out Little Matt_E
Well matte seems to think he needs to bring a flywheel puller, a torque wrench, a spare bendex, plus the normal tools one would bring to the water.

The last two weekends we have been out he has pulled his bindex on the beach:bigeyes:

botizzle

drillin like a villian
I broke a b-pipe coupler clamp the other day....so now I keep spare hose clamps with me. Also I bring one of those flexible grabber things with the little wire fingers on the end of it to retrieve the nuts and bolts you drop and roll under the engine.

But the best thing to do, is bring a back up ski!!

F

Freestyleriverrat

I have like a small tool kit I use for my carbs and always bring an assortment of jets and springs. Definatly bring some sort of gasket maker, lithium grease, wd 40, extra m6 nuts and bolts, extra nut and bolt for the battery cables to mount ot the battery, small spool of wire, fuel line, water line, some worm gear clamps of course zip ties. And if I go somewhere where I had to drive for a while to get there I usually bring a spare battery.

I have like a small tool kit I use for my carbs and always bring an assortment of jets and springs. Definatly bring some sort of gasket maker, lithium grease, wd 40, extra m6 nuts and bolts, extra nut and bolt for the battery cables to mount ot the battery, small spool of wire, fuel line, water line, some worm gear clamps of course zip ties. And if I go somewhere where I had to drive for a while to get there I usually bring a spare battery.

nice..never thought about gasket maker....batt nutz are KEY, as is the spare battery.....

Moondance

Just plain me....
If you have that much carnage, you might need this too
CL5.gif

.......we don't need no stinkin' tool box:Banane35:

If you ride in salt, lets not forget a bic lighter for the times you need to dry out wet plugs. Nothing gets a motor running like HOT plugs. I don't care how bad the motor gets submerged, if I have WD40 and a lighter, I will get it running. New plugs are useless because they will get wet on the next turn-over.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
13mm box wrench to pull a carb
12mm boxwrench for the back motor mounts
10mm box wrench to tighten down the throttle cable
magnet on a stick incase you drop a nut
1/4" drive sockets with extensions to get to the bottom of the intake manifold

thats all stuff I have needed and not had in my tool box

Phill

v Check out Little Matt_E
Speaking of salt water.....dont forget to ask matt about salt water and his fool proof total loss system:sneaky:

I dont think they call it total loss for nothing:biggrin:

there was nothing in his tool box that could help him this weekend...

Top Bottom