Tech Tip: Bpipe Exhaust coupler installation

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Like many of you, I used to fight with exhaust coupler installation. I would use several screwdrivers and lots of failed attempts fighting to get chamber into the coupler.

Now I just precut both edges of the coupler at an angle to speed install. This angle cut makes the opening at the edge larger by just enough to make it easier to slide on. This is definately not rocket science, but it sure helps me and hope it helps some of you too.

image.jpg

Windex also helps lubricate during install, but it doesnt remain slippery after install to keep coupler pipe in place. Setting coupler in the hot sun or heating a little with heat gun also helps.

image.jpg

I soak coupler and pipe flange with windex, then line up chamber and twist chamber back and forth as it is pushed into coupler at the same time.

This works with dry pipe and other couplers as well. It helps alot installing our super stiff HD coupler for powerfactor pipe as well.

Coupler ready for install. If you have extra time, install onto headpipe overnight to stretch it. Next day when ready to install, turn coupler around on headpipe so the stretched side goes on chamber easier.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom