Sxr 849 tuning

Trying to get my new 849 motor from group k tuned. Stock exhaust and ignition, carbs have flame arrestors and choke plates removed. Jets are 77.5 and 137.5 pop off around 24psi. It stumbles hard off the line cleans up about 40-70% throttle and falls on its face full throttle only about 5800-5900 rpm. Any advice on getting this thing tuned would be appreciated

Im sure this is not what you want to hear but......... You need to learn how to tune carbs or else pay someone else to do it. Asking here is useless because nobody can know exactly what your engine needs. You can learn a lot from tuning a cheap leaf blower first.

Im sure this is not what you want to hear but......... You need to learn how to tune carbs or else pay someone else to do it. Asking here is useless because nobody can know exactly what your engine needs. You can learn a lot from tuning a cheap leaf blower first.
More or less just trying to see if my jets are in the right ballpark. I appreciate your help though.

I ran the Group K 849 kit for several years, but unfortunately I don't know the jet sizes. When I bought it they set the carbs up for me. I would call them, I would think they would help get you in the ballpark.

Top Bottom