Square nose issues

So I recently picked up a square nose 701 from a friend. But it has sum issues I'm trying to figure out. So on the trailer it starts up runs revs great sounds amazing but when u put it in the water it instantly slumps won't rev up at all barley moves at all. This is my first superjet so I figured I'd ask if any on might be able to point me in the right direction to getting her fixed. Any help would be great

Kohldanielzimmer

Sierra Nevada Runoff Rider
Site Supporter
Where did you buy the carb? Mikuni or off brand?
Did you verify jetting?

The last new OEM mikuni I bought came jetted for a 650 so you could very well be lean as suggested above.

6m6 (650) runs 115 pilot and 120 main.
61x (701) runs 115 pilot 135 main.

Carbs been checked by 3 diff people. A couple guys been saying pull motor an check the the crank bearing or shaft bearing also the power reeds do either of those sound plausible?

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Carbs been checked by 3 diff people. A couple guys been saying pull motor a check the the crank bearing or shaft bearing also the power reeds do either of those sound plausible?
Anything’s plausible but if you aren’t going to give us basic Information no one’s doing anything but throwing guesses at you.
Plug color on both cyls, temp on cyls, is it running away out of water, does it start easy??

I’ve had similar issues with a 701 and also a wave raider 1100, turned out to be broken reeds so I’d say check those. Also check the fuel selector switch flow if it has one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom