Skis at night?

mightymighty2stroke

I'd rather be on the lake
Thinking of coming to WD this year, first time. I understand vehicles aren't allowed on the beach, that you are supposed to dump your ski at that certain location and then you guys haul it with an ATV to the ride zone. What do you guys do with them at night, do you go through the trouble of loading up on the truck again later in the day? Are there usually a lot of people around - bc I definitely can't load this beast by myself :smile: I plan on bringing mine in my truck bed, I would hate for it to get gone overnight (no really good way to secure it), is it a safe area?

Thanks...I've been combing the website but any other wavedaze newbie tips would be appreciated. I've been in the atlantic before just not to this event.

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
We will have security overnight on Friday & Saturday nights. Towards the end of the day, we place all of the skis in one central location on the beach at 10th street. This way the security can see all of the skis in one centralized location.

mightymighty2stroke

I'd rather be on the lake
We will have security overnight on Friday & Saturday nights. Towards the end of the day, we place all of the skis in one central location on the beach at 10th street. This way the security can see all of the skis in one centralized location.

Excellent, that's what I wanted to hear, I hate loading/unloading that fat pig any more than I have to.

And look at me, I'm famous, my thread is stickied! I just registered today, can't wait.

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
Excellent, that's what I wanted to hear, I hate loading/unloading that fat pig any more than I have to.

And look at me, I'm famous, my thread is stickied! I just registered today, can't wait.

It depends on the type of ski too. 3-4 seat sit downs can be very difficult to load and unload onto atvs. The atvs are provided by volunteers and sponsors, so I don't know which, if any, could support the load of the really large skis. However, there is a free boat ramp near by called Owls Creek Boat Ramp and our host hotel has parking for trailers.

The ramp's address is:

701 General Booth Blvd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23451

Was thinking that but rooms already booked, i doubt that they will be able to re-accomodate me to a ground floor room, maby i can con one of the guys to let me use their floor when we get there lol

Top Bottom