SX/SXi/SXi Pro should I have my flywheel lightened?

Trying to decide if I should have my flywheel lightened or save for a "poorman's" total loss using sxr ignition and removing magnents.

Does just lightening the flywheel provide a significant increase (like a pipe)?

I noticed a decent gain when I went to a jetnetics aluminum flywheel. never tried a stocker lightened.

Do you think I'd be better off lookin towards a lower pitched prop then? Like everyone else I'm just lookin for a little more low end without spending big bucks. Right now I have a coffman's rocket pipe, dual cdkII's and a 15 18 skat

And as for buying an SJ. I haven't seen any for sale for $500 like I bought this 750 for... with a parts ski and trailer :)

I think a flywheel is one of those parts you do after you've done all the other stuff first. a big hub 9/17 would probably show you more gains at this point.

Yea I've been lookin for a 9/17 big hub for a while now, but no one is really selling. I was thinking bout just getting a stock sxr prop for this summer and then having it repitched next year, but I didn't know if I'd see a big gain without the prop repitched. I could also get a stock sxipro prop for cheap which I think is a 9/17 small hub, but then I'd probably still want a big hub in the future.

Thanks for the info on the flywheel I'll def hold off on just having it lightened unless I come across a cheap sxr cdi to do the poor man total loss with by removing magnets also.

I had a solas 12/18 and switched to a small hub 9/17 and didnt like it due to cavitation. I also did a lot of motor work at the same time though. If you cant find a 9/17 a 13/18 big hub will probably work fine too. it will also allow for more HP without having to change props in the future

Yea thats what I was afraid of going to a 9/17 (small hub). I'll probably end up getting a stock sxr because of price and availability.

Are you running a bored nozzle on your setup? I was thinking about swapping nozzles with my 650 if that added some low end like people say

Top Bottom