Setup wake prehop woes

headshock

still doin it
Making progress on the Rickter but have some new issues. First off I used to only be able to do any type of Barrelroll if the conditions were perfect. Now im used to the ski and dont depend on glass to do tricks. That said, I have a new problem when entering my setup wake to go into a barrel roll in choppy water. Its been really windy lately so riding in glass hasnt been an option for me. No matter how little I brap the gas my nose pops way up and by the time I am on the setup wake my tail is sinking into the water taking away all my momentum. I always seem to jump over the first wave then cant get much air off the actual setup wake. It seems like my engine just winds up way to quick and is hindering my prehop. Recently I went from a medium to a short ride plate that seems to give me a better setup wake and Im sure is contributing to the prehop woes but im not convinced this is the issue. My next ride Im thinking of putting the rear sponsons back on to see if they will help get me into my setup wave pocket better. I am really focusing on keeping my weight forward ont he prehop but that doesnt seem to help. I am almost considering detuning my engine or prop a little just to allow me get into that pocket easier but that just seems silly.

Anyone else have this issue, what have you done to overcome it? I'llwill try to post a video showing how bad it can be to see if you gurus can help me out.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Your hitting your wake head on it looks like. Make a 45 degree turn and then 180 back to Alex or do a U shaped turn and come back to last curve you made...hot wake at slight angle. Almost parallel. 20 degree or so

headshock

still doin it
Your hitting your wake head on it looks like. Make a 45 degree turn and then 180 back to Alex or do a U shaped turn and come back to last curve you made...hot wake at slight angle. Almost parallel. 20 degree or so
I hear ya load and clear. I am playing around with every type of setup wake to try and open that pocket. 45, 90, L, J, U. Made lots of progress ths year especially in the choppy windblown water. Appreciate the input and am definitely taking it in. I think the wake is there, I'm just having throttle control (throttle) issues getting into it. Lastnight I went into my handpole and cut the stock tubes back another 2 1/4 inches, I was brought in as far as my pole would allow me (34 inches from Pole pivot bolts to steering rotation bolt). Thinking I will try and take it into 33 Inches to see what that does to my cockpit feel.

headshock

still doin it
Eventually I hope but right now I do 180 nose stabs off of the rollers. Skip the first 2 then go for the 3rd. On those days the rear sponsons paid for themselves.

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
Not much of a pre hop in a roll imo. It's more about carrying speed into the trough and going in on the opposite edge to which you are rolling. The more you pop that nose up, the more tailwhippish it's gonna be. I make my roll setup wake a little wider than a flip wake and my turn back is much tighter so the approach is from the side and not the middle of the converging wakes.

headshock

still doin it
Not much of a pre hop in a roll imo. It's more about carrying speed into the trough and going in on the opposite edge to which you are rolling. The more you pop that nose up, the more tailwhippish it's gonna be. I make my roll setup wake a little wider than a flip wake and my turn back is much tighter so the approach is from the side and not the middle of the converging wakes.
Thanks for the input! I shortened my pole from 34 to 33 inches and rode it for the first time yesterday. Seems good but a whole different feel. Glad I didn't go any shorter for the time being. Just when I get used to something I change it and start over, i think it will be fine but its going to take some getting used to.

Top Bottom