Riding in socks

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
The Adidas I just bought are excellent for traction, I really like them, just need a liner. I'll try a few of the suggestions listed here and post my experience.

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
I have been racing since 1999. Except for 1 race, I have always worn Slippery or Jet Pilot Boots........ It is what I prefer to ride in. I did try wrestling shoes, Did not care for them. They have less support and are less comfortable. The Slippery/Jet Pilots have much more support IMHO...... Oh, I am not flat footed either.
They''re suppose to NOT have any support. You missed the point brah. You want feel. Never had a problem with my shoes slipping. Went to molded turf, which has even more traction. I'm the guy who likes riding bare foot.

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
Lol well I am definitely not flat footed and rode bmx pretty much every day for about 6 years....in all sorts of shoes. Hated vans (they'd wear out in a week of practicing a scuffing trick.

I could care less about changing your mind about something you just made up
That's why I wore $38 Vans, not $100 Chad Muskas

You guys are forgetting the single main question when it comes to socks and shoes..

What kind of riding are we talking about?!?!?

ive tried (and am still trying) sooo many different kinds of shoes for freestyle. Wrestling shoes are garbage for freestyle riding but work great for rec riding. For me personally I’ve found that some sort of basketball shoe and normal everyday socks is the key. No soreness after a day of kicking in. So far i haven’t found anything that lasts more than a season or two either.

I have worn wrestling shoes for the last 5--6 was years and they only last a season and they are not comfortable or don't protect your feet at all from kicking in or walking in the water. I stepped on a screw in the river 2 years ago barefooted when I jumped out the back of my boat at the sand bar and it went sepsis and almost lost my leg or died! It is something that I never want to experience again and don't wish it upon my worst enemy. I have been back in the water on my boat but took last summer off from ridding my jet skis. My son is 8 years old and has been begging me since last year to bring our jet skis out! Last year at the sand bar a buddy of mine had a stock Superjet and asked my son if he wanted to ride it and my son looked at me and his face was glowing and he knows dad will say yes so I grabbed my helmet out of my boat and had him put it on and mom makes my kids wear the life jackets once we get on the water so he took off and literally everyone at the sand bar went nuts! He took off and stood right up and went out and rode for about 25-30 mins just doing laps around the sand bar and island we wear at! So Im super pumped to starting riding this year I got my 2 skis all dialed in for this year and can't wait to hit the water but definitely looking for the best option to protect my feet on the ski and in the water.

I found these and I thought I would share the link they look good and not too bulky! I will probably wear a pair of neoprene socks with them.

Jettribe Flex Ride L-Comp PWC / Jet ski Riding Shoes​

https://www.jettribe.com/flex-ride-l-comp-ride-boots-pwc-ride-jet-ski-race-shoes/

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Those l like,their other boots have the nubs on the bottom that eats hydroturf.May have to buy a pair.Thanks for the link

It never hurts to try something new, its only shoes and socks. After wearing a few different water shoes, I now wear any "old" shoe that is comfortable with cotton socks.

I have worn wrestling shoes for the last 5--6 was years and they only last a season and they are not comfortable or don't protect your feet at all from kicking in or walking in the water. I stepped on a screw in the river 2 years ago barefooted when I jumped out the back of my boat at the sand bar and it went sepsis and almost lost my leg or died! It is something that I never want to experience again and don't wish it upon my worst enemy. I have been back in the water on my boat but took last summer off from ridding my jet skis. My son is 8 years old and has been begging me since last year to bring our jet skis out! Last year at the sand bar a buddy of mine had a stock Superjet and asked my son if he wanted to ride it and my son looked at me and his face was glowing and he knows dad will say yes so I grabbed my helmet out of my boat and had him put it on and mom makes my kids wear the life jackets once we get on the water so he took off and literally everyone at the sand bar went nuts! He took off and stood right up and went out and rode for about 25-30 mins just doing laps around the sand bar and island we wear at! So Im super pumped to starting riding this year I got my 2 skis all dialed in for this year and can't wait to hit the water but definitely looking for the best option to protect my feet on the ski and in the water.

I found these and I thought I would share the link they look good and not too bulky! I will probably wear a pair of neoprene socks with them.

Jettribe Flex Ride L-Comp PWC / Jet ski Riding Shoes​

https://www.jettribe.com/flex-ride-l-comp-ride-boots-pwc-ride-jet-ski-race-shoes/

These shoes changed my life haha

Those look awesome!

They are! Incredibly lightweight and grippy. I wouldn't call them "supportive" but I prefer feeling very natural, almost like I don't have a shoe on and feeling everything on the ground through the soles. They are a local company here in Asheville and will pretty much give anyone 40% off, if you come into the warehouse personally and buy direct. I would absolutely pay $140 for these, the lady even mentioned to me that they will "warranty" shoes at their discretion. I can say from experience that I doubt you would ever need to, these shoes are the real deal. No won-tons here o_O Plus I wear these shoes all the time, not just for jet-skiing... No socks on the water, only socks on the streets!

I bought a pair of Columbia Drainmakers last fall. I've only had one ride with them but I really like them. They're hiking shoes made for being in the water. They're super grippy and so far they feel good without socks. I wear them all the time on the boat and by the lake.

If I decide I don't like them for the ski, I'm going to try those Jettribe ones. They look comfortable!

Top Bottom