ProWatercross Round 5,, Lake Hartwell Ga

Big Kahuna

Administrator
You can find some on FB from Prowatercross Live Feed, They did not have camera on during my run, and camera is aimed at the shore line. So, it would have to be from someone else............ My Run was not great. Edge does not really suit me for old school flat water routines.

That said, Really disappointed that barely any freestyle competitors are showing up.......... It cost $1.00 to enter................. That is right. $1.00.

I can think of several riders within I guess 6 hours could have come an competed and kicked my ass.... Hell, They probably could have won Pro Freestyle........

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have been working the tour this season. Have been at every round. Its really been sad the lack of participation in freestyle. All I have really seen is the few guys that have been doing it for years. Couple of weeks back in Racine,
Zach and the PHP crew had a nice showing, but thats it! This past week in Hartwell had 3 riders.
(Yes, BK won Am FS, Burka won Pro) Our National tour is the stepping stone to get to Havasu or Naples.
Its to showcase our riders before they hit the World stage. True, guys like Gomez are too busy to be on tour.
But where are our up and comers? Dont any of you aspire to go for a championship some day??
If any of you is intrested in Competing at a tour event? Feel free to contact me directly. Would enjoy helping you get to an event to try to showcase your skills. Round 6 of PWX is Lake Charles La. Aug 10-11
Hope to see some of you there!

Ski Ya, Paul

I have been working the tour this season. Have been at every round. Its really been sad the lack of participation in freestyle. All I have really seen is the few guys that have been doing it for years. Couple of weeks back in Racine,
Zach and the PHP crew had a nice showing, but thats it! This past week in Hartwell had 3 riders.
(Yes, BK won Am FS, Burka won Pro) Our National tour is the stepping stone to get to Havasu or Naples.
Its to showcase our riders before they hit the World stage. True, guys like Gomez are too busy to be on tour.
But where are our up and comers? Dont any of you aspire to go for a championship some day??
If any of you is intrested in Competing at a tour event? Feel free to contact me directly. Would enjoy helping you get to an event to try to showcase your skills. Round 6 of PWX is Lake Charles La. Aug 10-11

Ski Ya, Paul
I checked out their website for info and couldn't find any information about ijsba qualifications for the world finals, entry fee, or even the freestyle schedule...only the race schedule....so i decided not to go. Is it a qualifier for finals? Also, their site lists an amateur entry fee of $100. Maybe some updated freestyle info would attract more participation?

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
I checked out their website for info and couldn't find any information about ijsba qualifications for the world finals, entry fee, or even the freestyle schedule...only the race schedule....so i decided not to go. Is it a qualifier for finals? Also, their site lists an amateur entry fee of $100. Maybe some updated freestyle info would attract more participation?

PWX is not affiliated with IJSBA. So you cant qualify for Havasu Finals there. The PWX finals is in Naples.
Guess its a typo on Am Entry fee? Its suppose to be $1.00 like BK stated. Thanks for bringing that up!
Ill get it fixed on the web site. The event schedule does list freestyle both days during the “Pro Show”
The Pro Show is televised live on web cam, plus recorded for later TV broadcast

Yeah the information about events on IJSBA website is a joke. They require qualifiers for World Finals but offer very few. We contacted the promoter of the Naughtywater group who is racing in Pomona KS this weekend and they are making a freestyle event specially for the 5 of us who inquired or they wouldn’t have had anything by the sounds of it. Anyone else needing to qualify should come join us! Will be Junior, Amateur and a Pro or two there Friday through Sunday (3 day event)

PWX is not affiliated with IJSBA. So you cant qualify for Havasu Finals there. The PWX finals is in Naples.
Guess its a typo on Am Entry fee? Its suppose to be $1.00 like BK stated. Thanks for bringing that up!
Ill get it fixed on the web site. The event schedule does list freestyle both days during the “Pro Show”
The Pro Show is televised live on web cam, plus recorded for later TV broadcast
It does list "Pro show" and i guess i could assume thats the freestyle show, but still not super clear. This is what i was looking at and decided there wasn't enough info to try and make the drive. Not saying I'd have come anyway, dont want to steal BKs moment in the limelight, just food for thought. :)

Screenshot_2019-07-30-09-34-00-931_com.android.chrome.jpg

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
Scott Fraiser / IJSBA has done a really good job to Alienate most of the US promoters.
Its become fairly difficult to qualify for Havasu. The decline of Havasu participation over the past
5-10 years proves that! Promoters like PWX , JetJam are working hard to put credibility back into US pwc racing / freestyle. This debate has been around for years, and im not looking to push it again here.
Im just trying to make a point for membership of these boards to get out and support the sport of freestyle by attending and competing.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
It does list "Pro show" and i guess i could assume thats the freestyle show, but still not super clear. This is what i was looking at and decided there wasn't enough info to try and make the drive. Not saying I'd have come anyway, dont want to steal BKs moment in the limelight, just food for thought. :)

Pro show is the premier pro classes at the event. Freestyle is included in that.
Dont think you need to worry about stealing BK’s lime light! He is about as good natured, laid back as it comes.
Now for him to get beat by a girl?? That would only offer me some good ammo to razz him with!
All in good fun I might add!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
When you go to registration pages it shows cost when you select your classes. It cost me $100.00 to race. $1.00 to compete in Freestyle. Plus had to renew my ProWatercross license. That was $65.00

It was awesome watching on Saturday, really enjoyed it! That state park is normally filled with campers and fishing boats. Was really neat to see it so packed out with all the tents and people. I watched most of the day Saturday from the water, but couldn't really see or hear the announcers any of the freestyle/racing from our spot (sorry BK). Next time it comes back, I will go into the event from the land side. Seems to be a much better way to see it.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter

Ski Ya, Paul

Hey Paul, long time no talk. I wonder if the lack of participation in freestyle, especially amateur, is due to the proliferation of huge displacement huge dollar motors dropped in equally huge dollar AM hulls these days. I'm an old man, but as a newbie I would be thinking "there is no way I can even compete without a DVX or Rickter or Bunn or 'fill in fancy schmancy $20K 32 lb hull with $8K 1100 CC motor here'. I can't see someone with an SJ with a 701, pipe, head, and other goodies thinking they'd have a chance of even taking home a lovely parting gift as a prize.

And this may be a complete misconception on my part against the reality of what happens in competition, but if I'm thinking it, maybe a bunch of others are too.

Top Bottom