MSD Total Loss LED not working

hello,,,, I have an MSD total Loss for 1000 cc Scream engine. I just both the ski, trying to find if the timing is correct?
I have sparks from sparks plugs... Unfortunately when I am trying to set up my static timing the LED light seems to be damage ..........
I followed all the instructions from MSD,,,,, Switch 4 on/off....... nothing
I want to set up my static timing at 31,,,,,,

Christian_83

Xscream
So, these LED can stop working on the MSD brain (but better to have the ignition wokring, than the LED - right? :)
Well a few options:

1. if you have a spacre brain or a buddy who has brain with working LED, you can use that to time it with.

2. time it with the ignition sparking and try and get it to spark at 31deg. Then you can shoot it, with a timing gun.
Marke TDC on the crankcase with a pen, mark 31deg mark on the flywheel. Shoot the timiing gun and see if the lines "matches up" if they dont, you have you adjust your stator plate until the lines are in a perfect straight line (31 deg timing)

So, these LED can stop working on the MSD brain (but better to have the ignition wokring, than the LED - right? :)
Well a few options:

1. if you have a spacre brain or a buddy who has brain with working LED, you can use that to time it with.

2. time it with the ignition sparking and try and get it to spark at 31deg. Then you can shoot it, with a timing gun.
Marke TDC on the crankcase with a pen, mark 31deg mark on the flywheel. Shoot the timiing gun and see if the lines "matches up" if they dont, you have you adjust your stator plate until the lines are in a perfect straight line (31 deg timing)
thank for your help bro, I finally did it with an electric detector, so I could detect exact static timing when the coil got excitation from the trigger. so I could adjust the exact 31 degree.

Top Bottom