Mountain bike riser bars?

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
A lot of mtb bars are 31.8mm as opposed to 1-1/4 like jetski or motocross bars. I only used them on a fixed steer superjet with a umi steering for a short time. On a regular pole ski its goofy having backsweep, but to each their own.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A lot of mtb bars are 31.8mm as opposed to 1-1/4 like jetski or motocross bars. I only used them on a fixed steer superjet with a umi steering for a short time. On a regular pole ski its goofy having backsweep, but to each their own.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1-1/4" = 31.75mm. Did you mean 7/8"?

the WDK steerings use the 31.8 and I do have one of those on my flatwater ski. the bars were tweaked so I did get some for $20 on sale at the bike shop. they have a bit of back sweep instead of totally straight , which is what I wanted. they have held up great. most of the other systems use a smaller diameter bar. the bike shops do have a smaller diameter bar too, if I remember right. I don't care for riser bars

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I run the WDK steering with mountain bike risers (low rise) and really like it. The slight pullback is desirable in my opinion.

scotts2t

Head Woop!
I have been running 31.8mm aluminum Easton Monkeybars for 7+ years now with a ovp setup, I like the feel but come from a motocross background, not a sign of damage or being bent.

Top Bottom