Mid bearing

Is it possible to over heat a mid bearing running the ski to long on land? While flushing my Krash out I was running it for 5 minutes with hose and the mid bearing seals melted. Although the pump was not aligned right. Maybe that’s what caused it? It’s fixed now, I thought it was from running to long on land but I just heard that it should not overheat just running on the hose. So guessing it was from the alignment/ crappy Krash seals and bearings?

That bearing isn’t cooled and should be able to run on land no problem. If misaligned it creates a lot of extra friction. I’ve never heard of anyone melting those seals though.

Take any pics of this?

That bearing isn’t cooled and should be able to run on land no problem. If misaligned it creates a lot of extra friction. I’ve never heard of anyone melting those seals though.

Take any pics of this?
EB687554-1D4F-49BB-9967-4364C1EA1E44.jpeg
You could smell a burning smell and see smoke. It’s a common problem I believe with the Krash midbearings. I guess mine so happened to do this while running on the hose. All fixed now. Brand new wsm housing and bearings/seals. And pump aligned with cold fusion tool

If it had a burning smell then the seal had no lube. The coupler side seal seem to last without maintenance provided it was well greased when assembled. The rear ones need a squirt of grease occasionally.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Is it possible to over heat a mid bearing running the ski to long on land? While flushing my Krash out I was running it for 5 minutes with hose and the mid bearing seals melted. Although the pump was not aligned right. Maybe that’s what caused it? It’s fixed now, I thought it was from running to long on land but I just heard that it should not overheat just running on the hose. So guessing it was from the alignment/ crappy Krash seals and bearings?
Me thinks your guess may just be on point.

Top Bottom