Lose weight, build muscle with a great program

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/

I wanted to posted this website here. I am not at all affiliated with this guy. I don't get a payback. etc. I have followed his routine for a year and lost 35lbs and gain muscle with it. Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle or maintain, he explains it in a no B.S. way.. All those myths you were never sure about: BUSTED. I have not bought the superior growth program, but have gone through every article in his blog. He talks about the routine, days, set, reps, diet, protein, creatine, rest break. you name it. I started the routine and the weight just melted off. I have always worked out, but it turns out that I was following a routine that was outdated and wasn't working.
I will point out that with this routine, I am not working out any more than I was. Just smarter.
We all no the added benefit of less weight and more muscle with jetsking. Faster and better.
If you want to give your routine a check or wondering if you're doing the right exercises, or which exercises to do to prevent injuries that can keep you from jetskiing, check him out. LIke I said, I didn't buy anything except some protein and creatine from my local vitamin shop, free advise and improvement. I went from size 38 to 32. Anyways, starting to sound infomercially, I am just excited about the transformation..

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/upper-body-template/

Here's a workout template from the same site. The only thing I haven't figured out is how too properly manage the weight training with jetskiing. When you ride a blaster, you're not touring around on a couch. The stress on the arms, back and legs need to be figured into the workout equation. Even more so for you stand-up guys. I never found the sweet spot last season. It's hard to pull back on the workouts when you're making such progress, but that's what I'll need too do next season to allow for recovery.

I took the bait! Lol
I started 5 weeks ago with his program and it has helped me out for sure. It has increased the stress on my joints but many new programs do just that to you because of the new stresses.
But don't get me wrong, I like this and it has helped alot, and this is my ski off season, although I am getting in shape for iceracing season in a few more weeks!

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
My wife who is a afaa certified personal trainer was quick to point out he has no education or certifications..... but I have tendonitis in my elbow and upper hamstrings and a torn labrum so I have been trying it for about a month now and using it to start my 11 year old son in weightlifting properly. So far so good.

Great to hear your giving it a try. I haven't checked into the certified trainer part. But honestly, He has years of personal experience and does site sources when he feels it's necessary to support claims. Bottom line, it's a cut the B.S., this is how to transform your body. Another thin I like about it is that iT's not some fad that's going to change or some crazy insane process. And it works, works for me, works for others. When you have a question, he actually replies to you in a short time. I don't mean to take away from your comment though. That might be important to some. Also, I will point out that he doesn't focus on cardiovascular shape to which is going to be of outmost important for you racers out there. But for those of us who don't want to spend the money for a professional trainer, you have gotten over weight over the years, still doing the same workout since high school and expecting different results, and one day type in workoutroutines in google and find his page and transform the body 40 lbs in a year. Let me add, and not adding anymore time to the workout time that they do per week. This is the program for you. Workout smarter, not longer, prevent injuries from overtraining. Anyways, like I said before, I don't get anything from promoting this guy, I'm just excited for what it has done for me and my life....... Do what you will. one last thing, I don't recall anywhere where he pretends to be a Doctor, physical therapist, or any other professional. ...... make sure you read though all the pages. it's alot I know. the more you read, the more you understand the concept and where he's coming from. From he's language alone, he loses any chance at sounding professional. one other thing, he does mention in one article how you have to tailor his program to the rest of your active life style. I'll look for the page. But in short, if your doing some extreme sport what ever it maybe, marathon training , iron man, insert your extreme sport here, which demands alot of strenuous activity, you will have to modify your program to avoid overtraining. I failed to do that last summer and did a week jetskiing on the Blaster and continued same program and paid the price with a pulled bicep. overtraining. This is definately something to remember when your flipping all day, skying off of huge waves or waterever, that is going to take the place of some of your muscular training. Anyways, good luck to all who try it.

His whole website is huge rants insulting everything and everyone and then saying he has the best advice.
His credentials are insulting everyone else then claiming he has the best experience
He doesn't stop talking, it's just non stop annoying essays that cover small topics.
He claims to be part of all these different websites and such but researching brought up no connections at all.
He doesn't share his name, just goes by "Jay" but if he was in any such magazine or made any such product then his name would be easily available.

Not saying you didn't have great success, billglass. Different fitness works for everyone and if you're motivated and successful off of the website, then I'm happy for you.

There are so many lose weight programs that I feel overwhelmed, and I don't know exactly what to start with. And so every time I want to lose weight, I look for a program to start with, I see that they are so many to choose from, and I do not understand what is ok to choose, and I give up and continue to eat and gain weight. It's a vicious cycle, and when I get to my smart body weight scale, I become too anxious and start eating again. Gosh, I have more than 90 lbs, and I can't deal with this anymore. I need help!

I wasn't overweight by any means but I managed to lose 35lbs just to help backflip a 701 in my Superfreak back in the day. Went from 190 to 155 over a 6month period by just cutting down the intake. Water was my best friend. Whenever I was hungry, just drank more fluids. Might not have been the healthiest way to go about it but work for me. And most importantly it did make flatwater backflips possible on a budget lol.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I wasn't overweight by any means but I managed to lose 35lbs just to help backflip a 701 in my Superfreak back in the day. Went from 190 to 155 over a 6month period by just cutting down the intake. Water was my best friend. Whenever I was hungry, just drank more fluids. Might not have been the healthiest way to go about it but work for me. And most importantly it did make flatwater backflips possible on a budget lol.
You do realize he was a spammer... hope you didn't click on that link.

Top Bottom