Super Jet long exhaust tube diameter and length?

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
What's the diameter and length of the long exhaust tube for a RN? I know the SN is a bit smaller, but don't know the official # for either.

Damn ok thanks got to find a new tube now lol

I have the same issue here, so I'm just going get this for the end of my 2" SN exhaust tube to attach it to the 2.5" aluminum rear exit exhaust tube on my RN Superjet.

EDIT: The correct adapter is a 2" to 2-3/8" The RN exhaust tube inside diameter is 2-3/8" and the inside diameter of the SN exhaust tube is 2".

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
I have the same issue here, so I'm just going get this for the end of my 2" SN exhaust tube to attach it to the 2.5" aluminum rear exit exhaust tube on my RN Superjet.

Want to sell your sn hose? Jetmaniac sells silicone rn hoses for a good deal

I'm probably just going to keep my SN hose for now and use the silicone adapter rather than spend all that money for a new silicone RN hose.

Just to clarify for anyone looking to go from a SN hose to the RN exhaust tube, it requires a 2" to 2-3/8" adapter. I incorrectly posted a 2" to 2-3/8" adapter in my earlier post here. Sorry for the confusion.

Can you still run a sn tube on a rn?

You can run a SN rubber exhaust tube on a RN, but it's quite a job trying to get the SN 2" diameter long rubber exhaust hose on the 2-3/8" rear aluminum exhaust pipe that runs out of the rear.

not really.. me and a couple buddies tried, we heated the snot out of the SN hose it wont quite stretch out enough

I thought the same thing, but last night I got a SN rubber hose to fit a RN rear exhaust tube. I used a heat gun, some soapy water and WD-40, a Teaspoon, a tailpipe expander and lots of persistence and some 4-letter words. I didn't think it would stretch over the 2-3/8" tube of the RN, but after about a dozen tries it did. You have to heat it with the heat gun, put the tail pipe expander in the SN 2" rubber hose and stretch it a few times, then heat it again right before you're about to slide it over the RN tube. Once you get the bottom half started, you get the Teaspoon in the top and spray some WD-40 on it along with some soapy water around the RN aluminum exhaust tube. The hose will then slide over the Teaspoon onto the RN tube. Carefully pull the spoon out once it starts, then start pushing and spinning the hose on there. I found out that the spoon was the secret to making this work after repeatedly trying with two flat screwdrivers unsuccessfully. It takes quite a bit of strength to turn the SN hose once it's on the RN tube, and I feel like I twisted and pushed it so much that the first layer of skin came off of my hand, but it's on. I can snap some pics later tonight if anyone would like to see it.

So choking down the exhaust flow coming out of the RN waterbox creating more back pressure.

I'm using a SN Factory Pipe Waterbox. I already had the 2" SN exhaust hose, 2" SN elbow from the B Pipe, a Factory Pipe 2" SN waterbox and all of these pieces are going into my RN hull with the stock 2-3/8" RN rear aluminum exhaust tube going out the rear of the hull.

Could you use a long rubber SN exhaust tube on a RN hull and 2-3/8" exhaust components, yes, but I wouldn't do it, because like Big Kahuna said it would choke down the exhaust creating a bottleneck since everything being 2-3/8" and then going down to 2" and back to 2-3/8". If I had a RN waterbox and RN B pipe exhaust elbow I would have got the correct RN long rubber exhaust hose too because I wouldn't have wanted to choke the exhaust down.

The SN parts that I had all worked great together when they were in the SN, so I just basically swapped all of them into my RN fixed steer that I'm building. Everything that I described in my previous post was about taking SN exhaust parts and fitting them onto the 2-3/8" rear RN exhaust tube. So if you have a SN and want to take the exhaust components out and put them into a RN hull, it'll work since everything from a SN is 2" and it'll exit into the 2-3/8" rear RN exhaust tube out the back of the hull.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Your good that way. But I would look into getting a different waterbox and hose, Small power increase doing so. Even putting a RN tube and hose in an FX 1 wakes it up some!!!!!!!!

Your good that way. But I would look into getting a different waterbox and hose, Small power increase doing so. Even putting a RN tube and hose in an FX 1 wakes it up some!!!!!!!!

If I ever come across the 2-3/8" exhaust parts at a decent price from a RN I will probably go that route. That's probably also beneficial to go with the larger diameter RN exhaust components if you start playing with a big bore 701.

Yes, go that route- it will make a huge difference! Been there, done that...
Big bore 701, 2-3/8" exhaust, higher compression, and a good prop would make a Superjet really pull hard I'd imagine. Even my SN that had 180PSI compression, 2" exhaust, a Factory B pipe Limited chamber, and a non-swirl Skat 10-18 really moved and all my friends that rode it were surprised how quick it was.

Just to be clear, are we talking 2 3/8" ID or OD for the RN exhaust tube? Im about to order a tube for my FX-1 project...

I tried to measure the RN tube I installed into my square, but I cant get a good measure on it. Too close to tell haha

Top Bottom