JETMATE yamaha swap 760

hi guys,

im in the process of swapping my jetmate to a yamaha 701/760 motor.

i ran into a few small issues and tried to find some pics of other peoples swaps. i had no luck...

has any one done this??

1. the conversion plates sit on a flush surface, so the motor mount bolts must be exactly flush with the bottom of the conversion plate. i cut my bolts to the exact length so thats OK.

2. the left side conversion plate offsets the motor mounts wider to account for the wider yamaha bed plate on the left side. this puts it right where the long straight OEM exhaust hose is. i can bend it but fear it will ware through from vibration. i will turf it and hope for the best.

3. this is the most annoying one. the plate on the right side interferes with the oil tank fiberglass bracket. this is what i use for my battery and ebox (no oil injection). this bracket needs to be cut and modified. ive got some ideas (need to make 2 legs for the side that needs to be cut) but its just a pain and was wondering what others have done.

well im not too pressed with the plates. the same goes for the support i have gotten from rhaas.

these first 2 pics show how the plates interfere with the oil tank bracket (battery and ebox bracket for me)
52360964_534560277064377_7656865007212167168_n.jpg51575804_2299159743699634_2498927786605936640_n.jpg
this one shows how badly it interferes with the exhaust tube. hopefully turf will make it not rupture.....51552612_374081660071361_1936823993281544192_n.jpg

this one shows now that i have the motor in how badly it lines up... there is all sorts of play in the plates and motor mounts. this is as close as i got after about 15 minutes of playing with them. i did get it closer but its still not very good.

52268868_234191424200020_3784613567920078848_n.jpg

Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the motor sits too high? It also looks like you are using couch (sit down ski) motor mounts. You can switch to superjet mounts to lower the motor or mill/sand down the bottom of those mounts. IIRC I was able to mill 7mm off the bottom of a set of couch mounts and they still had enough meat to bolt on.

Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the motor sits too high? It also looks like you are using couch (sit down ski) motor mounts. You can switch to superjet mounts to lower the motor or mill/sand down the bottom of those mounts. IIRC I was able to mill 7mm off the bottom of a set of couch mounts and they still had enough meat to bolt on.

these are the rhaas mounts that are milled on the bottom. i got it much closer but had to do a lot of finagling. there is play in the motor mount bolt holes. the left side mounts had to be pushed all the way out plus a good amount of shims. the right side had to be pulled all the way in with no shims.

Hey Anthony, this is Shawn who has also been working on this build. My thoughts are that a blaster mod pipe may work but the top point of the chamber may be a bit too high to fit under the dog house. The blowsion jetmate runs the blaster chamber but the kawasaki 800 motor sits lower in the hull. The best pipe would be a TNT blaster pipe but not sure if Tim is still making them. I also think your Kawasaki 750sx chamber may work if you're able to find the yamaha factory pipe manifold and head pipe. Does anyone know if the kawasaki chamber will work with the yamaha factory pipe setup?

well im not too pressed with the plates. the same goes for the support i have gotten from rhaas.

these first 2 pics show how the plates interfere with the oil tank bracket (battery and ebox bracket for me)
View attachment 370260View attachment 370261
this one shows how badly it interferes with the exhaust tube. hopefully turf will make it not rupture.....View attachment 370262

this one shows now that i have the motor in how badly it lines up... there is all sorts of play in the plates and motor mounts. this is as close as i got after about 15 minutes of playing with them. i did get it closer but its still not very good.

View attachment 370263
You must not have read through the directions very well. The "slop" in the plates as you call it is intentional. Short block is supposed to be dropped in with everything loose and then tightened up once moved into position.

Mine went in beautiful, 10 minutes. Easiest swap mock up I've ever done.

As for the oil tank bracket that is easy enough to clearance. This is after all a kawi 650 to yam 701 mounting conversion. Not a ski specific swap kit.
6fab2db9ad65585f8023658199fe5629.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is cool. I almost did a 701 swap into mine but I figured it would cost a lot more than using a 750.

A few things

1. I found out that you can pry out the stock pisser fitting and you can fit a 3/8 line out the stock position. Seems like no one knew this

2. I managed to fit a westcoast pipe in mine. Just had to tilt the waterbox and I had to cut a tiny bit off the chamber pipe.

9509af8c2e420a7b4f6e1fdc5441660d.jpg

8994a9a49a200c7b3d6c50dd89b99fa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is cool. I almost did a 701 swap into mine but I figured it would cost a lot more than using a 750.

A few things

1. I found out that you can pry out the stock pisser fitting and you can fit a 3/8 line out the stock position. Seems like no one knew this

2. I managed to fit a westcoast pipe in mine. Just had to tilt the waterbox and I had to cut a tiny bit off the chamber pipe.

9509af8c2e420a7b4f6e1fdc5441660d.jpg

8994a9a49a200c7b3d6c50dd89b99fa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice. The Yamaha Engine sits higher up than a Kawasaki. The top of the head pipe comes into contact with the Engine Cover. So for now I'm just using the 650 exhaust. Really dont want to modify the engine cover.

thanks for the responses guys

i didnt have directions for the Rhaas kit because i got it used. but they say it works on the jetmate. it can work on the jetmate but its pretty bad marketing considering they never even tried it, dont have any pictures, and it needs lots of modification to work.

i am just about done now. here is the synopsis

-i used a yamaha b pipe manifold. i bored the oem jetmate pipe to match it. the pipe sits forward a little bit too far for the waterbox. the waterbox front strap mount can be spun around to allow the box to move forward.
-the two front left bolts from the bed plate through the cases hit the hull. i had to cut the hull and re glass it for clearance
-the oil tank bracket had to be cut and i glassed in threaded inserts to make legs for it like a table
-the stock bilge pump bracket cant be used with the rhaas plates
-the bolts for the motor mounts to the rhaas plates have to be cut to length so they are perfectly flush with the bottom of the conversion plate.
-im nearly positive that the airbox wont fit. i plan to just run it with the screen zip tied on for now. not much water there in the jetmate
-the motor coupler sits a bit higher than the driveshaft coupler. i am in the process of shimming the pump a bit in the back to raise the driveshaft coupler so it can be aligned correctly.

Correct OEM airbox will not fit. Well it does but it rubs real bad so I went with a set of adaptors and 1.5" filters from @JetManiac.

My 701 swap is running a zeeltronic ignition and a 10/16 hooker and she hauls the mail fast enough to get some wicked chine wabble.

Burned 15 gallons through her on Sunday. Endless fun and room for two chicks. #nofatchicks

Top Bottom