how much horsepower??

About how much horsepower does a stock 62t produce with a b-pipe limited, ada head with 35cc domes, and an msd enhancer??
And do think thats enough power to flat water roll?

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
It's enough to do a roll. It'll just take more skill. :biggthumpup:

Let's see.... a totally stock dual carb SJ engine is rated at 73HP. I think they are being generous, assuming a port configuration per design drawings.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work out that way. :rolleyes: The stock ports are horribly mismatched.

I think you're looking at 85HP max with stock porting. JMHO.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Notice that the stock horsepower is only 64.6 at 6250 and the torque is 55.4 lbs. at 6100rpm.

This may have been on the single carb Yamaha 701.

The dual carb SuperJet 61x Yamaha 701 has 73HP at 6300rpm.

h2odesperado

Pin it to win it
wait, so from looking at that chart, a b pipe adds almost 30 horsepower? thats not right. It says limited superjet, so thats assuming a head and other goodies as well? theres not a lot of info on that chart.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Limited = Aftermarket impeller, ride plate, scoop grate, flame arrestor, primer kit, flush kit, choke removal, re-jetting, and 1mm over-boring allowed, aftermarket handlebars, throttles, handle-pole pivot bushings, aftermarket exhaust pipe, carburetors, compression increase, cdi unit, cooling system upgrades, and steering nozzle.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I am not ready to buy into the 63HP/73HP stock power. Those ports gotta screw it up majorly.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Yes. I don't think Yamaha would rate their engine HP per that configuration.
However: I really don't know.

Whenever you by a pipe, any bolt on Mod, whatever HP is advertised just figure about half of what they say
kskip

Top Bottom