full spectrum 49mm carbs

I just installed Ed's newest version of his 49mm carbs and they have added the most performance that any bolt on part has ever added to my setup. It was pure bottom end and acceleration improvement. Ed took time and listened to my oddball setup and hit the carb jetting on the head. His carbs are well worth the money and I'd highly recommend them. Thanks again Ed.

tricky1

XXX
I just installed Ed's newest version of his 49mm carbs and they have added the most performance that any bolt on part has ever added to my setup. It was pure bottom end and acceleration improvement. Ed took time and listened to my oddball setup and hit the carb jetting on the head. His carbs are well worth the money and I'd highly recommend them. Thanks again Ed.

I will second that. 49AVL Rock

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
what kind of price tag on those babies?

i just couldn't see justifying the $2k investment on carbs, when the 44's have been more than enough for me (at this point)

i know the specs will add some umph.. but $2k worth has me wondering

C

CG Racing

doesn't the black jack have the venturi "bomb site" removed? that's a racing carb, not so good on low end.

What classifies it as a racing carb? I'm having exceptional luck with the blackjack carbs. Everyone has their own opinion carburation.

Nice Carbs Tom, I wish I could afford to get a set to try out!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
What classifies it as a racing carb? I'm having exceptional luck with the blackjack carbs. Everyone has their own opinion carburation.

Nice Carbs Tom, I wish I could afford to get a set to try out!

actually, Blackjacks are really geared more towards the highend rec rider, not so much towards racing.

njfl

X-H2
doesn't the black jack have the venturi "bomb site" removed? that's a racing carb, not so good on low end.

I rode crammit442's dual 48 Blackjacks on his 6mm ADA stroker and they kicked arse. I think anyone who has ridden his boat will tell you the same.

Yes, the bombsight is removed, but there is a ring of orifices around the air horn that dispenses a fine fog of fuel, providing excellent atomization at any rpm.

Sorry for the hijack, just wanted to dispell a myth.

I'm sure the Full Spectrums are great carbs, but since they are based on the same bodies as Blackjack, Novi (my current carb of choice), how can bolting them on provide such a big change if you already had a properly-tuned set of carbs?

njfl

X-H2
I just saw in another thread that you are switching from dual 46 FS to 49's. I really am surprised that that made such a big difference ("the most performance that any bolt on part has ever added"). You sure you didn't change anything else at the same time? Did you switch anything else at the same time?

C

CG Racing

actually, Blackjacks are really geared more towards the highend rec rider, not so much towards racing.

Really? as a BlackJack dealer, I was unaware of that(also a dealer for all the other carb manufactures)

Big Kahuna

Administrator
We designed the BlackJack Carburetor so that it could be used as a recreational model yet perform like a race only carburetor on the track. The requirements are quite different between a racer and a recreational rider.

The racer requires the maximum available air flow for the best top end speed possible. Most race craft leave the starting line between 2,500 to 4,000 rpm, usually with 2 holders holding the boat back. They have plenty of compression, lightweight flywheels, and relatively low pitched impellers to allow for the high rpm's needed to maximize the cylinder porting and pipe tuning requirements. This type of watercraft seldom needs to accelerate from a real idle speed.

The recreational - weekend rider requires instant response right from idle speed with frequent accelerations from idle to top speeds, and consistent response through turns. These type of watercraft usually run lower octane pump fuel and thus, lower compression. They also have heavier flywheels. This causes a longer dwell time relying on the low speed - transition circuit. This is the critical time because the air velocity through the carburetor is too low to start acting upon the high speed circuit. This is especially true when dealing with larger-than-stock carburetor bore diameters, let alone modified larger than stock-bore-diameter carburetors.

http://www.jetworks.net/

Marshj

DarkHorse
That sure sounds a lot like they are set up to get all around responce to me, being that they are "designed to be used as a recreational model and perform on the race track" The description then goes to lay out the difference b/w race and rec setups, saying nothing about which it is designed specifiaclly for. I know that Chuck talks to Art on a daily basis, and doesnt just read descriptions off the internet so I'm gonna go with his first hand knowledge.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
They are good carbs............ have a few friends that run them on their race ski's................. harder to tune..............

as far as freestyle specific, I would lean towards the Full Specs........... Ed know s what he is doing............ he sets each set up specifically for their use.........

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I rode crammit442's dual 48 Blackjacks on his 6mm ADA stroker and they kicked arse. I think anyone who has ridden his boat will tell you the same.

Yes, the bombsight is removed, but there is a ring of orifices around the air horn that dispenses a fine fog of fuel, providing excellent atomization at any rpm.
Sorry for the hijack, just wanted to dispell a myth.

I'm sure the Full Spectrums are great carbs, but since they are based on the same bodies as Blackjack, Novi (my current carb of choice), how can bolting them on provide such a big change if you already had a properly-tuned set of carbs?

thanks for clearing that up. I don't want to mislead people. :biggthumpup:

Top Bottom