Facebook outage thread

1633371393849.png

1633381768548.png

After the bombshell from the 'whistleblower' yesterday, FB is in trouble. My guess is they shut off the servers completely from the outside world, are restructuring their algorithm, and will be up and running in a few days. Tech savvy guys are trying to wrap their heads around the root cause as they are assuming the outages are just a symptom. Pinging the servers myself gets the same result, they don't exist.

from a sub contractor on their property:
" But right now.. bro I don't know how to describe it. All internal utilities that aren't security related are f****** DOA. Like we know the physical locations of the racks where the utilities are housed on site. I can walk over and touch them if i plug into them directly i can use them. But anywhere else they're just gone."

Others are saying its a full DNS wipe. Not quite sure the ramifications of that. The question you gotta ask is.. what's so bad that Facebook would willingly do something that drastic to get out ahead of??

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Marketplace killed Craigslist. Some occasional good finds but it's just too easy for people to open facebook, fill out the bare minimum and post a price

Is there a way to block all items that need to be shipped. Too many items that are not local showing up in my market place feed.

im probably the only one who never gets on disgracebook anymore haha. ive always found better deals on jetski things on the x or pwctoday than disgracebook
Quick local deals from people who don't know what they have or are willing to negotiate are just too easy to come by on faceballs. That's it. I chime in with groups every now and again but I only have it for marketplace

Mike W

Infidel
How was she in front of a Senate hearing so fast? Why would a far leftist care about what Facebook does? Nothing seems right about any of these shenanigans.

Top Bottom