Engine refresh /what is it

long beach local

long beach local
I have had a stator, flywheel look like that before. Was not sunk, but gasket had been leaking and did not know it. Yes, doing nose stabs and such would get alot of water in there......... But my poop was still running. My "Buddy" decided to borrow my stator after his crapped out! Sent me picks with flywheel cover off and seashells in it! They stayed down at the beach for a week after a race in Orange Beach in 2006.
A super jet i once had wouldn’t start on me after just arriving at Pismo for a 3 day weekend so I took the Ebox apart and found it was an orange glob of crud inside and I had no idea how it ran before. The ski never saw fresh water and had been sunk. The battery cable had rusted off the starter silinoid but with a can of WD40 and a bunch of paper towels I cleaned it out found enough threads to reattach the battery cable and rode the rest of the weekend. I dont underestimate these engines they are tough ,and I’ve learned to put them together right the first time but riding is more fun than wrenching.

Picked her up yesterday. New starter, she’s running. I’ll probably take it out tomorrow for a break in. He said it was at 180 psi….

Photos tomorrow of engine bay.

I want too order some bars, grips, hood seal maybe matts. I’m excited too ride again. I have an sxi 750 that needs some love too.

Top Bottom