Dual Carb Fuel Line Plumbing - Will This Work Correctly?

Ok, so I made a crappy little diagram of how I propose to set up the plumbing for my fuel lines. I know it looks ridiculous but its alot easier than taking a picture or just going off a list. I am a visual guy, so this works for me. Will this set up work? Do I have something backwards? I was running a single carb previously, but I got a new motor and it was set up with dual carbs. Please let me know if this will work correctly or if I need to modify, change, or add anything to this proposed set up...

Superjet Fuel Plumbing.jpg

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I would ditch the fuel selector, extend the on pickup and run one line from each pickup to each carb inlet putting a separate filter in each line, then tee the return lines, what you have will work, what I have suggested will work better better

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
At what point would you want to switch to duel fuel feed? I mean as in carb/motor size?

I feed my 44's on a 710 seperatly, never had a problem.

I would ditch the fuel selector, extend the on pickup and run one line from each pickup to each carb inlet putting a separate filter in each line, then tee the return lines, what you have will work, what I have suggested will work better better

I agree with this setup! feed the carbs individualy, and t the return.

I feed my 44's on a 710 seperatly, never had a problem.

I agree with this setup! feed the carbs individualy, and t the return.

OK... so one question. If you choose to ditch the fuel selector and feed each carb directly from each of your respective fuel tank pickups. What happens when your fuel level falls below the "ON" or shorter of the two pickups? Does one of your carbs get no fuel and does that present a lean situation that could be potentially dangerous to your motor?

Oh... and the reason I stumbled upon this thread was cause I wanted to see who had input on 1/4" vs 3/16" ID fuel line. Who's running what and does it make any difference. I suspect you would get higher pressure on your lines but less volume. Oh, and I plan on running dual 44's on my new Jetmaniac 781 Big Bore motor.

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
I have ran a single 3/8 line for both my 789cc and 7890cc dual carbs and have been just fine. I was more or less just wondering at what point would this be insuffient 'straw' for my motor to drink from.

Oh and 96superjet when you run out of fuel the motor just stops. I haven't noticed any lean conditions or anything, just monitor to see how long you can ride on a tank of fuel and be conscience of it OR get a timer on you ski like I did. A gauge would be awesome though.

Christian_83

Xscream
Im running my DASA 850 with dual 49 Full specs, like you drawing, without the fuel selector though. Ed from FS allso said that it would be fine.

WFO Speedracer

reading is fundamental folks, and for the record the on pickup is the shorter of the two, reserve goes all the way to the bottom of the tank.

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
Most dual carb performance setups have their internal return line restrictors drilled, and a single "#60" or so jet in the tee on the return.
Are you running that kind of setup?

WFO Speedracer

Most but not all, Blackjacks still have the internal restrictor and will only run set up the way I stated, don't ask how I know this lol

Top Bottom