Dasa 1100, go to carbs????

Fancy fate

Can't have anything nice.
So many mixed reviews on carbs especially with ful spec 49s.
What are the issues or other options.

Dasa 1100
Msd tl
Power factor (dry)
Xs155 pump.

Last edited:
My FS 49s have been great to me. Over 1000 gallons on them. Have another set on order but I had to order my own 46s to send in. And new 46s are almost impossible to find. I think Novi is out. Ed at FS is behind due to a shop move. Dasa is not making new ones right now? But I could be wrong on that. I also picked up a set of ninjas 50s. We will see how they run. They are made for 44 cores though and some people argue using 44s as a core, the carbs don’t turn out as good. I can’t comment on this first hand.

I would get whatever your tuner recommends or just pick a set and learn how to jet them. They all have differences and you just have to pick your poison.

Fancy fate

My FS 49s have been great to me. Over 1000 gallons on them. Have another set on order but I had to order my own 46s to send in. And new 46s are almost impossible to find. I think Novi is out. Ed at FS is behind due to a shop move. Dasa is not making new ones right now? But I could be wrong on that. I also picked up a set of ninjas 50s. We will see how they run. They are made for 44 cores though and some people argue using 44s as a core, the carbs don’t turn out as good. I can’t comment on this first hand.

I would get whatever your tuner recommends or just pick a set and learn how to jet them. They all have differences and you just have to pick your poison.
I keep hearing mixed reviews on full spec. Ed called me Thursday said they are couple weeks out as they got their back order of mikuni shipment in. I think I'm gonna try the s.e. got a lead on a set that should be here on couple weeks. I'm coming from a et 967 to dasa 1100. I'll leave the 46s on the et. Here's hoping the s.e. are killer for the price tag!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I keep hearing mixed reviews on full spec. Ed called me Thursday said they are couple weeks out as they got their back order of mikuni shipment in. I think I'm gonna try the s.e. got a lead on a set that should be here on couple weeks. I'm coming from a et 967 to dasa 1100. I'll leave the 46s on the et. Here's hoping the s.e. are killer for the price tag!
More riders use FS carbs. Ed is here in the states to help you. I only know of one rider using the SE carbs. SE is in Japan.

Fancy fate

More riders use FS carbs. Ed is here in the states to help you. I only know of one rider using the SE carbs. SE is in Japan.
I'm not saying anything bad of FS. In theory I can run my 46s on the 1100 if I don't like the s.e. and try the fs route. If I ask 10 reliable builder/tuners I get 5 saying s.e. and the other 5 saying full spec. At this rate I'm just building 2 complete set ups. Dasa 1100 with se and 967 with a stroker with full spec. 967 with Zeel 1100 with msd tl. See which performs best for me.

I'm not saying anything bad of FS. In theory I can run my 46s on the 1100 if I don't like the s.e. and try the fs route. If I ask 10 reliable builder/tuners I get 5 saying s.e. and the other 5 saying full spec. At this rate I'm just building 2 complete set ups. Dasa 1100 with se and 967 with a stroker with full spec. 967 with Zeel 1100 with msd tl. See which performs best for me.
And that’s the thing. Everyone has their opinions. I have had flawless performance from my FS 49s. But know people who struggled with them. It comes down to following a recipe. Ed likes to set them up a certain way. If you stray outside of that, issues come up.

In my opinion I feel there is actually more technology in Ed’s cards because of the booster. He has spent a lot of time refining it. SE carbs just kind of dump fuel in a controlled manor. But again pick your poison and run with it.

The 49s need a reduction venturi to work well over many applications. These carb modifiers would do better if they offered different venturi inserts. There is a lot of easy money in carbs once you have some name recognition.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
Have known Ed and have been tuning Full Specs for years. If you maintain them, changing internal parts as needed
keeping linkages adjusted properly, basically all the things needed by any carbs. Full Specs are the Best Of The Best!
the key to any carb / intake system, is how well you understand what the motor is asking for in fuel delivery.
then making the necessary adjustments to supply that. aftermarket Performance carbs are precision instruments.
they need to be handled and maintained with care.
To elaborate on this statment. Every builder, myself included. Builds and setup motors to my spec. The carbs that feed my builds would also be setup to my spec. So yes, regardless who you talk to, you will get somewhat different answers. There are Many variables to motor building, and just as many to tuning a given motor. The best advice anyone can give you is to find a tuner you appreciate and work well with. Then follow his guidance.

Paul

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
From what I've seen, SE perform a little better then FS. I'm running FS 50+ on my 1200 and they work great. Cant go wrong with either. I know a few that like novi, but never personally ran them.

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
I run Novi 48s on my dasa 1100. Runs fine for me. They were a pain to initially tune. Not much help from the guy who made them. Alot of work just to get a reply from him and in the end what he said didn't work.

Grains of salt

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom