Carb tuning

I have a set of I body mikunis off an sxi big pin that I'm puting on my small pin 750. What jets, needle/seat, pop off, and springs should I run?

750 small pin
Factory wet pipe
Ocean pro vortex f/a
Lightweight flywheel
Located in Maine

Factory pipe recommends for the 800sxr pipe
N/s- stock, spring stock
80 pilots
152.5 mains.

they also recommend advancing the timing 6 degrees with the stator plate kit

I have an advance plate already, I just wasnt sure if someone else had done this before. Put the sxr/sxi carbs on a small pin and if it would be different from the sxr recommended tuning. I guess the small pin porting is closer to the 800 than it is the big pin 750. Seasons short and waiting a full week for every jet I order is a pita. Thanks I'll try to start around there.

I am not in the shop, and do not remember numbers off the top of my head, but we have built many 750's with your exact set up. Personally I have NEVER had any luck with ANY factory pipe jetting recommendations.....

I sell Jetting kits $40 per carb. This includes 1 Pilot Jet, 1 Main Jet, 1 Needle and seat, and 1 needle arm spring.

We ship small Packages Fed ex one rate, which is $12 for 2nd day air to anywhere in the US. If you order this morning I can ship today, Should be able to do a Sat Delivery (Some area's do not have Sat delivery)

If you want, order qty (2) of these, and give me your specs in the comments section of the shopping cart. I need to know what ski, engine, carbs, mods, and your elevation.

https://www.watcon.com/fuel-system/carburetor-jets/jetting-kit

the jetting should be pretty close depending on the cylinder. the #20/ unmarked 750 cylinder has the lowest port timing and the #22 casting has the same port timing as the 800 cylinder.

Top Bottom