Freestyle Blunder Jet

Aquaholic

World's Oldest Teenager
Look at how stoked I am in these pics. I mean, c'mon...I was about to uncrate a friggin' works machine. This was a seminal moment in my jet ski gig. It was the exact same sensation as taking delivery of my first Rickter..probablly better, because this BADASS craft was basically like having a works bike. This was waaay before aftermarket hulls. Nothing else could possibly, even remotely, be in the same league.

Look at my buds...they are green with envy...they just wanted to touch it.

I am minutes away from uncrating this abomination. My bubble was about to burst.
IMG_1002.JPG

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Hey if nothing else it boosted your mechanical skills to the next level ,Lol. Good times. wheres your "oakley" blades ? Great pics Steve ,i enjoy the insight with a little sport history

Last edited:

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
On a positive note ,the thunder jet in 92 is way ahead of its time .to this day it still has clean lines for a hull and a thin sleek looking handle pole .does a kawi driveline bolt up in this thing ?also if the handlepole mount was a bit further forward it might be a fun ski .Maybe another go round ,eh Steve ? i know about all the years psychiatric help you need after owning this .it was good practice at re-building motors

Aquaholic

World's Oldest Teenager
IMG_1043.JPG IMG_1040.JPG Just to get the backstory...

The thing is... I was perfectly happy on my JS hulls. My first ski was an amalgam of thrown together parts. It was cobbled together from so many different year skis, that I really don't know what it actually was. It had what started out as a 440 bottom end, with Kawasaki street bike pistons, giving it a displacement of 474cc. It had a race ported top end, which had absolutely zero bottom end...but, ripped my cheeks back when it came on the pipe. The electrical box never would stay dry, and it would fill up with [salt] water after about 1 hour of run time. I got really good at chasing down electrical problems.

But, it had a cool paint job!! The guy who built this boat, had slapped a bunch of Sh*t parts together, and then threw a swanky paint job on it. That's what sold me.

Check out the "Ninja" decals on the hood. Crystal ball shtuff, right there!.

But, I digress.
IMG_0996.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom