Baller on a budget RIP

What up bros. At one time I had this sweet waveblaster 1 but my fiancé thought it was too tippy and I usually just ride my fx1 or 550 the blaster did a lot of sitting so I decided to see what I could get for sale or trade. I ended up trading for a WDK rip hull from a member on here. Shortly after that I got the opportunity to buy the house I grew up in for an awesome deal so I jumped on it and the rip took a backseat priority wise. Slowly saved bought parts and now fast foreword about a year I’m getting closer to the finish line.

started off buying a 94 or 95 (forgot) wet jet duo with a 61x 701 in it for $150 (needed starter Bendix) sent the cylinders to jet maniac for porting(“freestyle porting”) , sbt remanned crank(existing crank had rusty needle bearings), Ada girdled head with 35cc domes, single 44 set up how jet maniac said to do it, lightened flywheel, oem 155 pump with skat Trak 6/12 cut back 5mm. 88mm reduction nozzle.

Now I’m hitting some road blocks again and was hoping for some advice from you guys on what I should do next for parts. First question is what pipe to get. Do I get a b pipe or would a lay down pipe significantly better for this set up? I also somehow managed to misplace the cdi box in the move I got from the wet jet e box so now I’m wondering would it be worth it to buy the msd cdi vs finding a used oem cdi? Last question I have is I bought a used XScream pole that have these rubber bushings to pivot on and it is pretty difficult to lift up and down with the pole plus it makes an awful screeching noise. I’m assuming this isn’t normal so should I replace the bushings or just try loosening the bolts for the pole? If you made it this far reading I appreciate you.

Attachments

• 16AD386A-AED3-48A3-B80C-40017F8C672C.jpeg
    16AD386A-AED3-48A3-B80C-40017F8C672C.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 33552793-EE20-4996-90E6-22B8C6A695E1.jpeg
    33552793-EE20-4996-90E6-22B8C6A695E1.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 4A295201-857C-4BCF-9837-235A292B4706.jpeg
    4A295201-857C-4BCF-9837-235A292B4706.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 190

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Site Supporter
What up bros. At one time I had this sweet waveblaster 1 but my fiancé thought it was too tippy and I usually just ride my fx1 or 550 the blaster did a lot of sitting so I decided to see what I could get for sale or trade. I ended up trading for a WDK rip hull from a member on here. Shortly after that I got the opportunity to buy the house I grew up in for an awesome deal so I jumped on it and the rip took a backseat priority wise. Slowly saved bought parts and now fast foreword about a year I’m getting closer to the finish line.

started off buying a 94 or 95 (forgot) wet jet duo with a 61x 701 in it for $150 (needed starter Bendix) sent the cylinders to jet maniac for porting(“freestyle porting”) , sbt remanned crank(existing crank had rusty needle bearings), Ada girdled head with 35cc domes, single 44 set up how jet maniac said to do it, lightened flywheel, oem 155 pump with skat Trak 6/12 cut back 5mm. 88mm reduction nozzle.

Now I’m hitting some road blocks again and was hoping for some advice from you guys on what I should do next for parts. First question is what pipe to get. Do I get a b pipe or would a lay down pipe significantly better for this set up? I also somehow managed to misplace the cdi box in the move I got from the wet jet e box so now I’m wondering would it be worth it to buy the msd cdi vs finding a used oem cdi? Last question I have is I bought a used XScream pole that have these rubber bushings to pivot on and it is pretty difficult to lift up and down with the pole plus it makes an awful screeching noise. I’m assuming this isn’t normal so should I replace the bushings or just try loosening the bolts for the pole? If you made it this far reading I appreciate you.
1)For what you are running,save the money and run a bpipe.

2)MSD or Zeel (look up waxhead threads for zeel info)

3)The XS pole is designed to be stiff.For freestyle this a good thing and a number of riders prefer to run their poles like this.The pole will always where you left it when performing a trick.
For the recreational rider it can be somewhat frustrating on flatwater.For surf riding for the most part,guys like a spring in the pole to keep it moving because of conditions of the surf are constantly changing.l’m not sure that you can run a pole bolt with a XS pole,but someone else may chime in,if it can be done.
I have run my skis both ways (stiff and/or spring) and l like both.Just a matter of getting used to it

Big Kahuna

Administrator
With pole you can set tension where the pole moves with you. You dont have to have it so stiff you have to literally yank on it. I have raced my old superjet with no spring. Pol stays where you want it but only has enough tension to barely hold it in place.

The screeching sound is normal on a tight pole though. It won’t do it in the water. I prefer mine tight but it’s all preference.

Since you seem okay with a Wheeling and dealing a little bit, if I were you I'd sell off or trade the stock ignition and go with a 64x ignition and zeeltronic. The cost is about the same maybe cheaper and it opens up options for future upgrading. My $.02.

Thanks for the responses guys, looks like it’s unanimous on a b pipe and that’s fine by me I have one on my fx1 and that thing hauls the mail, also great that the pole is “normal” to squeak and be stiff I’m completely new to flat water skis but that makes sense you’d want it to stay in place.

Looking into the zeeltronic cdi, did a lot of searching this afternoon and it definitely seems like the way to go especially with the cost of msd enhancers and the option for total loss later down the road.

so I’d need a 760 flywheel cover and flywheel, a gp800 electrical box(just the literal box not the components) and a zeeltronic cdi for a 760 and that’s it?

760 flywheel or 800 flywheels work fine. 800 flywheels can sometimes be found cheaper. You need a 760 stator/cover. That’s pretty much it. You can get the 760 cdi box to put everything in. You technically only need the back piece. I believe people have gotten it to fit in the 701 box though.

Don't need a gp800 electrical box, a 760 electrical box works just fine.

701 flywheel and stator will not work, you need the complete 760 electrical system and mag cover (because the stator is in the mag cover), and you just swap out the cdi.

If I may add my two cents, I’d look for a mod b pipe. The limited is a pita because of the length. Don’t remember which one you have in your fx1. I’ll be jealous of your ignition set up once it’s all said and done.

I bought a WDK Weapon last year which is very similar to the RIP and found out that a b pipe would not fit without some major hull cutting. I would definitely check fitment or get input from other RIP owners before pulling the trigger on a b-pipe.

I would strongly suggest the zeeltronic setup, have had zero issues over 2 seasons. Super easy to adjust, and good performance gain.

I actually found my wet jet cdi today but plan on moving foreword with the 760 electrics if this guy accepts my bid on eBay

Can only find 1 rip with a b pipe in it I’ll do some more digging before i buy

Attachments

• 6E8BB95D-EC7C-4C2F-BE69-08A13733C75A.jpeg
    6E8BB95D-EC7C-4C2F-BE69-08A13733C75A.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 142

Roseand

Ready to RIP
Site Supporter
Congrats on the ski! Love my rip.
I, and many others have ran a b pipe with a mod chamber in a rip. Most you'll have to do is lightly clearance around the hood seal lip for the head pipe depending on if your rip is an older one or not.
Definitely do the zeel.

Top Bottom