Type 4 pipe in Superfreak...does it fit?

In a Titan or Badass, does it fit? Anybody done it? Have pics?

Googling around and digging through old threads it looks like the original badass hull and "tall" hood may have been designed to fit the old school over the top type pipes but I wasn't able to find any pictures or anybody saying they have actually done it.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
l don’t believe it will work.lnteresting that you brought this up.Hornedogg and l had a conversation about it a few weeks ago.He thinks the hood liner is too low and l have to agree.There really isn’t any room because the hood is so low and no way to move it up.

I was thinking I'd have to modify the hood liner, looks like there is some room to cut the liner and move it up but not a whole lot.

I was digging through old threads looking for anything about this and only found one reference to it by wanderer1 in this thread:

"I know this might sound silly but I feel that function should come first. The original Badass Surf hood allows for more pipe options does it not? Maybe Tem can chime in on this but I beleive the original hood will clear a Type 4 and possibly a SXR dry pipe. If you feel that will never be an issue then the Freestyle hood does look better imo. Has strength ever really been an issue when it comes to SF hoods? I dont like limiting myself. "

So, I have no idea if that's somebody that knows what they're talking about, and if he does it sounds like the low hood won't fit anyway, at least without modifying the liner (which I'd be willing to do).

I don't have one on hand so I can't just stick it in there and see for myself.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Tem probably does not come on here much or if any.He is,on fb.
Look up my Circus build.l completely assembled the lower style hood.That may help you.But l too,wonder if an original badass hood would work

I just put a new three oring powerfactor in a Badass and the pipe was rubbing on the side of the hull. Had to do a little sheet metal work to get it to fit.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I highly doubt you will fit a traditional dry pipe in the hull, there's more to it than just hood liner height (which is probably the easiest issue to solve).
The engine bay opening beside and behind the chamber has to be looked at and the distance to the bulkhead/rear of topdeck may be an issue too. Those pipes take up every bit of realestate in the SJ hull. You need extra clearance just to maneuver the chamber into the hull with the engine installed.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I found this pic of a ProTec pipe in a freak, not sure what model but this area will give you trouble just getting the chamber in. The dry pipe chamber is bigger all around so say goodbye to your hoodseal.

1600896459189.png

I'm kind of amazed that somebody put an old school pro tec pipe in one.

Where did you find that pic? I thought I had dug through every superfreak thread in existence.

Found it....and he went to a B-pipe becuase the pro-tec wouldn't fit, or at least he didn't like how it fit. So yeah that doesn't bode well.

The one in the pic from this thread is in some kind of pretty small looking hull though, I can't tell what it is but probably a Rickter of some sort.

The Type 4 looks like it might swoop forward a little more than the pro tec (?) maybe. I would be looking for a rough one to modify so I'm not above a few love taps, but at this point the lack of confidence put this into the "maybe someday" list for me.

Top Bottom