Shin Guards Need Info

I wear shin/knee guards over my wetsuit when I ride. After a broken/shattered knee cap and shin bone sticking out of my leg on a failed flip last summer you bet your A#$ I ride with them now. I honestly think they are just as important as riding with a helmet. The ones I use most often and don't fall down etc, are these: http://www.pricepoint.com/Brand/One-Industries/ONE-Industries-Enemy-Shin-Guards.axd
I am looking to get some. Are these slip on? Or they have straps behind? Also how accurate is the sizing?

I wear shin/knee guards over my wetsuit when I ride. After a broken/shattered knee cap and shin bone sticking out of my leg on a failed flip last summer you bet your A#$ I ride with them now. I honestly think they are just as important as riding with a helmet. The ones I use most often and don't fall down etc, are these: http://www.pricepoint.com/Brand/One-Industries/ONE-Industries-Enemy-Shin-Guards.axd

Glad I made this post and you commented. I actually saw these on ebay. $29.99 and I was wondering what material they were made out of like cushion on the front.

I know they have adjustable straps on the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sizing is accurate, and to fit over my wetsuit I chose a large. They are hard foam/plastic inside as the padding and have 3 big velcro straps in back (no slip on). I've personally tried 2 other brands of knee/shin guards and both of them slipped down when you recovering from a jump, and water rushes under them. The brand I sent a link for are the only ones that don't slip down.

Kawa705

Get out and stand on it
da6dd27f548add3e4ac02e7d0731178b.jpg
wish I would have found this post last week. Ordering now!

I use the Raid, it has nice neoprene padding with a hard knee pad as well. Extra secured with a tip Velcro strap and silicone grippers top and bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear them when i'm on my hurricane. I think short flatwater hulls with forward footholds tend to mangle knees and shins since you squat down/ knees forward. I did get a few dings in my knees on my fake-ter riding Pismo surf without them. I use the small hard plastic ones under my suit. over the suit and they don't stay in place very good. here are some of my collection

Attachments

• DSCF0530.JPG
    DSCF0530.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 33
Top Bottom