Project Boat Anchor, Superjet

Your wife looks like you dragged her out in the garage to see how great the decals came out and she is not impressed this is what you have been doing in the garage all these months. :)
Totally, she could care less and just wants it out. You can see the cab to her 51 Ford F1 in the background that I stopped working on to do the superjet so the sooner it is gone the better to her. BTW, all the stuff in front of her truck is hers that i have cleaned up about 5 times and it just gets filled back in. So until that stuff is gone again without my help the cab doesn't move, LOL.

E350

Site Supporter
Dude, marriage is up and down. We all who are married have been there.
We all here recognize that you are no slouch, that you are a hard worker. Your posts in this thread with its timeline prove it.
Sometimes you cannot win.
Accept it. Don't be resentful. Be happy that someone married you. If my wife didn't lower her expectations, I would not be married.
Just keep your head down, keep working hard, and for the next project work on something that makes her happy.
Respect her and your marriage. It is worth it.
And without taking anything away from that, respect yourself for the good things that you have done, and are doing, and will do in the future:

BTW, your ski looks oem and minty fresh.

Last edited:
Dude, marriage is up and down. We all who are married have been there.
We all here recognize that you are no slouch, that you are a hard worker. Your posts in this thread with its timeline prove it.
Sometimes you cannot win.
Accept it. Don't be resentful. Be happy that someone married you. If my wife didn't lower her expectations, I would not be married.
Just keep your head down, keep working hard, and for the next project work on something that makes her happy.
Respect her and your marriage. It is worth it.
And without taking anything away from that, respect yourself for the good things that you have done, and are doing, and will do in the future:

BTW, your ski looks oem and minty fresh.

Don't get me wrong, she is great. I was just having a little fun.
She actually wasn't even looking at the ski and was listening to our sun out of the frame, just happened to snap the pic at the perfect time. She has a GTI and has even said she is going to try the superjet. But she does remind me she wants her truck done whenever she wants to jab, LOL.

Outside is finally done.
cbef643e180a4364a24082c0632eb612.jpg

Now to move on to the mechanical bits.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I hope you have that stock exhaust to waterbox hose in there for your tnt/b1 mod chamber and not the stock breadbox?!

I hope you have that stock exhaust to waterbox hose in there for your tnt/b1 mod chamber and not the stock breadbox?!

As I have never ridden a 62T/61X I am going to try it stock for the break-in then switch to the Factory Pipe and ADFA head just so I can feel the difference that they make first hand. I already have the extra gaskets for the swap.

Making more progress.....

Got the pump parts together. Timken bearings, factory seals and Sasquatch shaft.
5a2fd7402e10444384a85872d3e4dfab.jpg

Bearings packed with Maxima waterproof grease and heat on the housing and bearings and shaft in the freezer and it dropped right in.
0ca4f05a9020ce429d91c7719f1ca125.jpg

Hooker 9/15.
1fb0697ecfae4e32971984108a85b09c.jpg

Installed with lots of antiseize.
4f20689d095d987e1106e60dc8ede26e.jpg

And spins easy as it should.

Finally a stubby pump cone.

ef895299ed6ba1b904aebcb7dba4ee51.jpg

Got it all together and sealed up.

16327e7851cdeb43a50246acf43931d0.jpg

Got it shimmed and man it’s hard to get it forward enough with a new OEM pump seal but finally got it done.
39cc563c9823d8b14ab1eee506fb2ed6.jpg

Next step is to get the engine together.

The painfully slow build continues.
Got a couple hours yesterday to work on the engine.
071cdc741370029f60be1d13c1b7707e.jpg

SBT crank from Jet Maniac, OEM seals, 1184 on the cases.
75da1a94c376e97da1c0f56878cce8ca.jpg

Fresh Pro-X 0.50 over pistons.

046adaaeb998eea1e5daf04f104efa53.jpg

And ported cylinder using @yamanube template and bored and decked by Group K.

I had planned to get the head on but couldn’t find the head gasket and now wondering if I ever ordered one. The joys of a years long build.... New head gasket ordered.

E350

Site Supporter
Engine is together and passed leak/down.

Had to walk over to my dad’s to set a gopher trap so after at least an hour at 7.5 psi it didn’t drop at all.

mikidymac
do you have a photo of how you blocked off the intake and exhaust and where you attached the valve and the air pump?

mikidymac do you have a photo of how you blocked off the intake and exhaust and where you attached the valve and the air pump?
I don't have any pics. I have one of the old vintage Group K pressure test kits with all the cut rubber blockoff's that replace the intake and exhaust gaskets. I pressurise through the pulse fitting using to 8 psi using a mountain bike suspension bike pump.

No kidding........
Problem is I have so many different hobbies and projects going to finish everything. Adult ADD is in full swing.......
Started working on the electrical box and wiring last night just to find out my rotary bilge switch is junk so had to order that. I want the electrical to be organized and sorted before the engine goes in and takes up all the work room.

Last edited:
Top Bottom