Not much info on these...Rickter FS-1build

Damn haha I’m running out to Blythe tomorrow for the weekend. I love riding the river and thanks to all the cool people around riding during finals weekend I got my ski set up pretty solid haha. It’s just a 701 with a stock head and a b pipe so it’s not crazy off the bottom end yet but I’m going to grab a nice head for it and the mag stator and I’ll do something impressive on it.

I did get to ride it for a full tank though and will say that even a moderate size boat wake I should be able to roll off it no problem. Was doing some fun inverted stabs in the lower river at speed and the way an aftermarket hull recovers is amazing. My modded fx1 hull rides very well for my size (6’0 tall 150-160lbs) so riding the fs1 was an absolute treat. I would have had to work hard to take a dip.

also cool to see someone else enjoying this with their son.
Yea my son loves the ski, it was his first time being tall enough to stand and brace himself with the bars haha couldn’t get him off the ski. The section of river I was riding there is no water pigs so I never mind him tagging along on a rip. Gotta upload video to your YouTube and then share it as a link

Myk

N
Haha hell yea man! You were shredding! Was that Powell?
this was my first attempt at gopro’ing. For some reason, right when I got on the ski it stopped recording. Not sure why. Was totally bummed, I got some good footage. We went to mead, havasu and Powell over a 10 day period. Was an epic trip for sure. But yea. The last part of the vid was Powell.

N

this was my first attempt at gopro’ing. For some reason, right when I got on the ski it stopped recording. Not sure why. Was totally bummed, I got some good footage. We went to mead, havasu and Powell over a 10 day period. Was an epic trip for sure. But yea. The last part of the vid was Powell.
You definitely killed it on the video still with the clips you had. GoPro’s make it so easy haha I use a hero 8 black on my videos and I love it. Trips me out that it’s not shakey and what not as well as keeps the shot stable even with my head moving around haha, kind of trippy honestly. I’m out on the river now and literally was able to edit and upload the 12 min edit to YouTube haha. And I’m in the middle of nowhere on the river so it just never ceases to impress.

Reactions: Myk
day one of my trip to Blythe to ride the river. Rode with my homie Cody and the wr3 I gave him from a set of donor skis I picked up a month ago. Also got my little brother on the sit down. It was awesome getting to rip with him. The fs-1 is running tittys. Definitely can’t wait to get a high comp head and a mag stator for it but for now I’m feeling blessed just to be able to ride such a ski. Very comfortable with the 701 setups so it would be impossible for me not to have a good time on any 701 configuration.

With all the help from this awesome community it was too easy. I almost feel guilty I haven’t had to do anything major yet and have had as much fun as I have on it, even with just a 701!

Best content I’ve gotten so far on the ski, I’m going to keep messing with angles but this was just a good ride! Burned tank after tank this weekend on the most shallow time for the river I have ever seen

Reactions: Myk
Rad video! And damn good looking ski man. U should be a proud papa!
Haha it’s pretty funny because my son now thinks that the fx1 is his! Fat chance Lul he can have the rickter before that happens but I tell you what, the rickter is so stable even just to cruise around my son now is fully invested in knowing about skis at only 5 years old haha. Can’t complain that’s for sure!

it was a great weekend none the less, being only 25 and having two kids yet being successful and working hard enough to buy toys and work on them myself to keep it cheapish is a blessing. I don’t take it for granted at all, getting to take my little brother out to ride this weekend was just awesome he had a blast haha. He’s a bigger dude so he wasn’t able to pull himself up on the rickter but he still gave it hell for a good 5 min XD

Got a few goodies from Jetmaniac, beyond stoked with my order haha. Most I’ve spent on new parts ever. With that being said the 144 mag setup has been purchased but I am still pondering what I’m going to do for the prop. Jet maniac waterbox replaced my rn superjet waterbox, definitely has more sound and harder echo tone it’s pretty cool! I can very much so tell the difference. Other parts were for my fx1 and a buddy’s square getting everything that’s red haha i only rock the blue so that’s not my thing.

can’t wait to run the ski with a mag setup but I may hold off until I get a real prop so possibly will be a ride or two still before the Mag setup. B3E3D336-1284-47DD-AF10-4F4A49588087.jpegF4E15894-BDE5-4488-B3D1-9BF7E43CB52D.jpeg2E59ED7F-C1E6-43E9-97A4-286FCB6064CC.jpeg

Super pumped to have picked up a few parts from Jetmaniac! Was awesome doing business with him and I got my parts faster than I could have imagined. This is going to now be my first time trying out a mag pump and it will be funny to see how it does compared to the stock pump/prop that came out of it. Just need to snag a wear ring off one of my 144 pumps laying around and give it a good ol send!

4D7D791D-7EEF-40AE-AC2C-9E220CC61969.jpeg09C058B4-CC69-4D99-A3AB-8E91D6CFA7C3.jpeg3E41DC60-0BA9-42A1-8DAF-00BA73FDBF4B.jpeg

Top Bottom