Not much info on these...Rickter FS-1build

Hell yea!!!
Almost there brotha! Get to pickup the completed midshaft on Monday and then it’s assembly round two. This thing had 5 pissers on it so I’m dealing with that right now haha. Hull will be prepped this time for the final install and I’ll run cooling lines. Sucks my pump isn’t tapped for dual cooling and I plan on getting a mag stator soon anyways so I’ll probably run it with the single cooling off the bat. Very excited for some reason to experience the hull with bare minimum motor and pump setup. Hoping it’ll give be a better feel as I slowly add on the goods!

Myk

J
Almost there brotha! Get to pickup the completed midshaft on Monday and then it’s assembly round two. This thing had 5 pissers on it so I’m dealing with that right now haha. Hull will be prepped this time for the final install and I’ll run cooling lines. Sucks my pump isn’t tapped for dual cooling and I plan on getting a mag stator soon anyways so I’ll probably run it with the single cooling off the bat. Very excited for some reason to experience the hull with bare minimum motor and pump setup. Hoping it’ll give be a better feel as I slowly add on the goods!

just cap the extra pissers. You’ll use them eventually.

J

just cap the extra pissers. You’ll use them eventually.
One is poking the long exhaust tube and the other two I’ll be filling them in from the inside out, eventually I’ll be running my normal setup with two into the tray to keep my feet warm. Pump mounted right up and the cooling is done on the motor. Only issue I had was the steering cable has an aftermarket nozzle style end for the steering nozzle and that ain’t going to work with the stock nozzle haha

How much of the intake hose did you cut off ?
It’s supposed to lay on the bottom of the hull so the opening is above water level when the ski is upside down

Reactions: Myk
How much of the intake hose did you cut off ?
It’s supposed to lay on the bottom of the hull so the opening is above water level when the ski is upside down

a pretty decent amount, they are just to the bottom of the hull and when I push the water box in they are wedges up against the bottom.

Update: picked up the midshaft today, it was ready to bolt up streight from Jet Action. My old boss is always helping out where he can and it has made me stoked to rep his shop for as long as I’ve known him. He’s always down to make sure I can stay on the water ripping instead of wrenching. Ended up learning quite some about how important the rickter mounts are for getting the motor far back enough to work with a fully pressed in SJ shaft. With that being said I am using couch mounts haha so I made it work and for myself a snug midshaft alignment.

Once I had the midshaft in and where I wanted it, the motor was secured down. I had all the gaskets sitting around ready for the b-pipe and carb. Got the water box back in, all the exhaust hoses secured and this time I have all the cooling lines plumbed. Pump is actually in the ski now but unfortunately I can’t find my pump seal...

Pretty much I slammed the ski together, did another test fire, and then made a note of the small stuff necessary to feel confident taking it out. Simply need a pump seal, throttle cable adapter for Kawi to Yamaha, and to replace the fuel tan strap that broke as I was putting the tank in.

here is some pictures of the tank situation I’ve provided a solution for and pics of the ski all together!

6BA84881-AAF2-4922-8907-037CA6272AD5.jpeg8B52232B-41D2-4562-A603-23B3DB8ACD36.jpeg8B39357C-88EE-4B24-BE14-4FB8DA363654.jpeg81128A1C-A01C-4470-A6D9-371A4AA9C930.jpeg8E85D2A3-953A-4FB3-B3D8-996268695416.jpeg07F89162-F398-4D24-B040-7530261DA52A.jpegA3FD88D9-A325-4BA2-8923-AAF6C1581AF9.jpeg188FE4BA-C592-4896-922B-116D4458679E.jpegDB8BB89D-0CF3-4FFF-B27E-30A1789C5CD9.jpeg

Attachments

• E9338417-ABDD-4D60-A88A-E5E80B087420.jpeg
    E9338417-ABDD-4D60-A88A-E5E80B087420.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 13
Little update video from my GoPro. 1080 p 60 frames quality... just a walk around and some footage of it running and revving. Sounds pretty solid and so far everything checks out to me.

When’s the test ride?
It was my sons 5th birthday so I was at home doing that. I’ll be collecting the throttle cable adapter, pump seal, and a new battery for it so I can ride it while I’m in havasu for finals. Maiden voyage will probably be in parker real quick to make sure it runs and floats. Very rarely do you just build a ski and all works perfectly first shot haha. I’ve built several skis and still know better

Myk

It was my sons 5th birthday so I was at home doing that. I’ll be collecting the throttle cable adapter, pump seal, and a new battery for it so I can ride it while I’m in havasu for finals. Maiden voyage will probably be in parker real quick to make sure it runs and floats. Very rarely do you just build a ski and all works perfectly first shot haha. I’ve built several skis and still know better
See you in havasu!

See you in havasu!
Right on brotha let’s definitely link up! I’m coming from the Phoenix area. I’ll be crashing in parker most likely as my buddy owns a paint shop out there but let’s definitely go for a rip. Re aquaint with your old hull in a form that has less power that it probably ever has in its life lul

Reactions: Myk
Last 3 items I needed are on! Check valve, throttle cable adapter, and block off plate. Now I need to drill a hole in the dash for my quick disconnect flush setup and I’ll be money!
Here’s some beauty’s, still have to bolt the rideplate on, take the pump out to put a new pump seal on, and then put it in lake havasu this weekend

064B1E23-586D-4711-B687-1F8D10B7328A.jpeg574A02AB-5FDF-4A84-9A3B-2B54BB67B59C.jpegBE858E62-D8F9-4968-A40B-64886412D470.jpeg2E6C0B04-9AF4-4C65-AA3A-0A3E7BC5E625.jpegB660B3D5-9420-4B4C-B7E1-C88D42A61805.jpeg

Attachments

• E422D6F3-2AE2-4E2F-A179-02C3B74873D4.jpeg
    E422D6F3-2AE2-4E2F-A179-02C3B74873D4.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 10

Little video of it running on the hose with the pictures from my GoPro hero 8 black. The GoPro makes it to easy for me to pull video off and make an edit so I just can’t help myself. Threw some music on it and otherwise it’s nothing too exciting just the ski running on the hose.

I love the Yamaha quick disconnect flush setup, and I always run my skis on the hose after building them. It pretty much just lets me know the water is moving, make sure the engine runs at a good temp, and to ensure none of my hoses are leaking into the hull.

Everything was bone dry the whole time after running it on the hose for about 15 min. Best part about the fact it checks out on the hose is that putting it into the water never fails to be a different story haha. Couldn’t tell you how many times my ski that was dialed before I headed out to the lake, ended up needing some love on the beach to ride. This ski should be just fine, I’m about 90% confident in it and the other 10% assurance is a whole ski worth of spare parts I’ll bring to water test lul. Can’t wait to see some friends out in havasu, and possibly get to ride body beach for my first time and on a rickter at that. Stoke level is Maxxed out!!!

Ride report:

day 1: Saturday souring world finals weekend was my first day getting the ski to the water. Ended up going to “that beach” which is near site 6 and crazy horse, shore launching and zero no wake zones.
First rip it fired right up, in fact all day atleast it fired right up. Basically it had nearly zero balls on the bottom end. Mind it’s a 61x 701 with a 46mm carb and a b pipe only, no other motor supporting mods. For me being so used to an aftermarket head and higher compression I was very relaxed about it’s bottom end situation. Almost was to the point of thinking well it’s just a stock 701 with a pipe and honestly up top the thing was cooking with fire... and almost to a fault.

ended up having a huge flood of aftermarket skis and freetyle riders pull up to the riding spot. Naturally being hat I wasn’t mad at he ski I was just happy to be on he water surrounded by them I figured I would try my luck and see if anyone else wanted to try it and give me their opinion. First people I came up too were absolutely awesome, one of the guys who was just hangin out with the person they were watching ride emddd up volunteering.

as soon as he started out for a rip it was trying to cut out and ofcourse the ski had nearly no fuel left in it haha, classic! He rode it a bit, came in and I was adjusting the needles and he would go back out and test. Well after a few attempts the guy that I bought the hull from John Krenn pointed out my pipe should not be on fire like it was haha. Steaming water on the pipe, head chamber, and manifold. The motor was cooling good though so he insisted I adjust the b pipe screws and get the pipe a hair more wet.
Bingo! Definitely made a bit more progress in that adjustment so from there it was test rip, check pipe temp and adjust then repeat. Got the pipe cooling enough to be satisfied with it and then loaded it back on the trailer. High speed industries was there with all kinds of carb parts so I figured may as well go brand new needle and seat as well as a mikuni rebuild kit.

day 2: rebuilt my carb early in the morning since I was just camping in the RTT with my son. We would get up and get packed up then grab breakfast so I was just taking my time on the rebuild and then checking popoff pressure. Set my popoff to 30psi and set my high speed adjustment tall the way out at 3 turns and low out at 2 turns. Fresh plugs in, and went for the first rip... absolute money! Much better and far more response down low. Ended up doing some wot runs and checkin the plug reading, dialed high speed all the way back to 1 3/4 turns and low was fine just one turn out. Granted it doesn’t have crazy snap still like my fx1 motor but I’m sure with a head bumping the compression up that’ll do the trick. Stoked to say the ski ended the weekend with a priceless ride with my son and I was having a blast feeling the new to me hull out.

the Fs-1 is a badass ski. I will put more time on it before I chime in about the hull too much but I will say beyond impressed and not disappointed in the slightest. Such a good ski!

Top Bottom