JetManiac/Blue 781 - backflip capable

Jcary85

Site Supporter
The wax curve is overly safe. I was just comparing curves with a pump gas buddy this morning and his is very similar to mine. Tapers off from 32 just a bit past 5k but still runs a good bit of timing all the way to 6500

Im kinda in the same boat I had a 718 and that thing was and is Freaky fast and then went to a 900 and had nothing but problems and now the motor needs bottom crank and top end and if I do it probably turn it into a 1015 but I still love my baby bore. I just talk to Blue and then saw this post now you guys got me thinking of going with a 781 from Chris and Blue!

I have a Zeel TL PFP pipe Novi 48s with ported intake 148 Torrent set back pump so Blue you might have to build me a super Jetmaniacs Blue Powered 781

If you did what prop would I need I have a 10/16 cut back 3mm I believe Chris would know.

Jcary85

Site Supporter
Im kinda in the same boat I had a 718 and that thing was and is Freaky fast and then went to a 900 and had nothing but problems and now the motor needs bottom crank and top end and if I do it probably turn it into a 1015 but I still love my baby bore. I just talk to Blue and then saw this post now you guys got me thinking of going with a 781 from Chris and Blue!

I have a Zeel TL PFP pipe Novi 48s with ported intake 148 Torrent set back pump so Blue you might have to build me a super Jetmaniacs Blue Powered 781

If you did what prop would I need I have a 10/16 cut back 3mm I believe Chris would know.
I ran a 6/12 for a bit but felt it was under propped and bent it to 7/14ish which was just right.

Hi everyone! Picked up one of these 781 engines for my T1 build and I'm super stoked with it. Very impressed with the power for its size and you just can't beat Jetmaniac and Blue's service.
I'm way out of practice so my setup wake timing needs work, but it'll pull this full length hull around no problem. Going to be awesome behind a wake boat and I cannot wait to get this thing in the surf.
It's running zeel tl style ignition (wax v3 curve), pfp dry, 46 sbn carbs, 200psi and an oem 155 pump with what I believe to be a 6/12 (didn't measure, it but I will when I install the 155 torrent) in this clip.
Can't recommend this setup enough!

Last edited:

Blue

Judging your cheapness
Hi everyone! Picked up one of these 781 engines for my T1 build and I'm super stoked with it. Very impressed with the power for its size and you just can't beat Jetmaniac and Blue's service.
I'm way out of practice so my setup wake timing needs work, but it'll pull this full length hull around no problem. Going to be awesome behind a wake boat and I cannot wait to get this thing in the surf.
It's running zeel tl style ignition (wax v3 curve), pfp dry, 46 sbn carbs, 200psi and an oem 155 pump with what I believe to be a 6/12 (didn't measure, it but I will when I install the 155 torrent) in this clip.
Thank you for the feedback buddy. She sounds pissy and flipped super easy. Im sure you can combo it. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Are you running that combo on pump gas?

I was just tell Chris this weekend that i wish more people would try bigger carbs
i couldnt agree more. im curious why people spend all that money on porting and machine work only to run stock carbs. i mean i get theyre easier to tune and will have a little better throttle response off idle, but youre leaving soo much on the table powerwise especially from the lower midrange and up. i ran dual 38s on a ported 550, 781 is 230ccs more!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
i couldnt agree more. im curious why people spend all that money on porting and machine work only to run stock carbs. i mean i get theyre easier to tune and will have a little better throttle response off idle, but youre leaving soo much on the table powerwise especially from the lower midrange and up. i ran dual 38s on a ported 550, 781 is 230ccs more!
I am running blackjack 44's on my DASA 820 6mil per Art's (Jetworks) recommendations. He was spot on. Big Carbs are not always the answer. Its about the total package.

jeckert

Going backwards
I too can vouch for the JM781. It’s very cool to see completely different setups around the heart of the machine. This video is of a JM 781 in a heavy glass hull, 38s, MSD enhancer, PFP, and an oem 155.

@Jcary85 , how is yours on fuel? My woman can burn 5 gallons in just over an hour. Seems like it eats a ton with only 38s.

Any idea what prop you had in that ski? Thanks!

Top Bottom