FX-1 Is it even possible?????

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
To install a bilge pump in the coupler area of an FX1? I've put them in SJs a bunch of times back there, but there is zero room back there in the FX1... What am I missing?

maxboost

Super tuned
To install a bilge pump in the coupler area of an FX1? I've put them in SJs a bunch of times back there, but there is zero room back there in the FX1... What am I missing?

I know this isn’t a lot of advice but mine has/had one, it’s torn apart right now, it’s tight back there but I just glued the mount down with some epoxy on the left side and went with it, maybe your bilge pump is bigger than normal??

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
I have mine installed on the left side of the driveshaft. ( if standing in the tray) it was a tight fit. But, as mentioned previously. I Gflex epoxied the strainer basket down and used a tidy bilge harness from OCD. Also, I am running ADA couplers*

Mine is installed on the left side of the driveshaft as well. Someone at one time made a bilge mount that attached to the bearing housing bolts. That's what I have.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I wonder if the new adjustable bracket from Hot Products would make that any easier?

Combine the bracket with a Rule 350 or 500 as they are the lowest profile of all the available pumps.

FYI, the Rule 350’s are identical to the 500’s except for a slightly smaller impeller that sits a bit higher on the shaft and has much more tolerance to running dry.

4d5737c02703708b1672f3da3842f280.jpg

4a20cfb264a8bf0703eced1cdb7126ad.jpg

Last edited:

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
I wonder if the new adjustable bracket from Hot Products would make that any easier?

Combine the bracket with a Rule 350 or 500 as they are the lowest profile of all the available pumps.

FYI, the Rule 350’s are identical to the 500’s except for a slightly smaller impeller that sits a bit higher on the shaft and has much more tolerance to running dry.

4d5737c02703708b1672f3da3842f280.jpg

4a20cfb264a8bf0703eced1cdb7126ad.jpg

That's great information. Thank you. I'd give anything for Atwood to re-release the V500 units. I hate my Rules. If I don't cycle the power they just get air locked. Atwoods were bullet proof. Turn them on and ride. Don't touch the switch until you're done. My Rules I have to remember to flip the switch every so often while they are running to get them to start emptying the hull.

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
Seaflo bilge pumps are by far the best. Multiple sizes. 4 year warranty they stand behind. Replace no questions asked with free shipping if you ever break anything. Left mine on 450 miles back from pismo and its still fine. A bilge pump should be able to run indeifnitely without any water flowing through it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
Seaflo bilge pumps are by far the best. Multiple sizes. 4 year warranty they stand behind. Replace no questions asked with free shipping if you ever break anything. Left mine on 450 miles back from pismo and its still fine. A bilge pump should be able to run indeifnitely without any water flowing through it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Those 'look' exactly like Rules, both their standard and their automatic models. I wonder if one private labels for the other. If not, I wonder if a Seaflo of the same GPH rating would snap right into the basket of the same sized rule. (talking about the old Rules, before they got all futuristic looking)

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
I just ended up mounting one up front. There is no way in hell I can fit my big old hands holding a bilge pump anywhere near the coupler. Plus I still have the stock bilge in it, and this ski doesn't get ridden nearly as hard as the RN and it's hardly ever subbed or stabbed. It gets more water in it from sitting outside on a rainy day. Maybe over the winter I'll have my daughter help me with it. She was a great help over the years when I needed someone with smaller hands than me to get at something in these damn toys. First time I remember I was just trying to install a stubby pump cone on my SXIPro (or maybe my RN) and it was kind of a pain in the ass for me reaching into the pump. She just walked into the cellar, asked if I needed help and in two seconds reaches in, pulls out the stock one and plops in the Wet Wolf. :)

Top Bottom