Other hurricane industries

Visual carbon competition holds 2016 for yamaha sj

I decided to write my issue until someone sees it and actually finds a solution. I order the footholds back in December specifically on 21/12/2015. I was told the competition in visual carbon adjustable holds would take 2 days and my kit should ship out on the 23rd.

23/12/2015- I was told the hardware and plates were supposed to be delivered to them.
29/12/2015- I was told hardware and plates arrived and they were waiting for clear coat to dry and kit will be ready to go.
9/01/2016-I got pictures of the complete kit
12/01/2016-Recieved a tracking number (usps)

The fun started once my parts arrived!! I never received any installation instructions with the foothold kit which cost me 450$ (black Friday sale). I asked to get some help with instructions and I was told to follow instructions of the previous foothold system which is quite different with fitment measurement. I have everything installed now as the old footholds video diy explained. ON THE WEBSITE IT SAYS IT COMES WITH "Slot Cut Template" WHICH I NEVER RECEIVED BACK THEN and whenever I emailed I would not get a reply and was told instruction video was not available yet it is now on website!!!

Now the foothold slots are placed too high and back and the footholds are useless. My foot won't kick in and sit firmly in the pod due to it being placed too high off the tray. I have all emails and pictures to support all the above and would be happy to show anyone. (I paid 80KD which is equivalent to 265$ for installation).

This job cost me 835$ without turf kit (195$)

I already emailed hurricane industries and waiting for them to reply. (might not even reply).

I am more than happy to ship everything back to them with UPS!! (I live in Kuwait).

I will remove this after they find me a solution :)

IMG_9510.JPG

AS YOU CAN SEE THE FOOTHOLD IS TOO FAR FROM THE BOTTOM.

IMG_9511.JPG

FOOTHOLD POSITION

IMG_9513.JPG

Last edited:
Update:

Hurricane industries spoke to me through email. After disccusing he said the following

"Your holds will be nice and snug once turf is set. But if for some reason they do not fit, it is an easy fix to redo the slots and I can walk you through the steps to do that. Remember, its only a fiberglass piece, it can be modified no problem."

Modifying will cost me extra $$$. I am paying for someone elses mistake.

Why not do it right the first time?!

Such a big company should deal with issues differently.

Top Bottom