SXR Hood Storage ? Ghetto or Whoaa ?

Always bothered me that there is no storage for a T-Shirt, registration so you do not have to open hood if stopped by Enforcement etc. I used RTV to seal this vinyl permit protector witb a ziploc seal. Usure how I like it but I wanna see how it functions. Best thing is it is easily reversable.

22R

Attachments

• BB1C8627-59F4-4FF0-B13C-8750EC386EFF.jpeg
    BB1C8627-59F4-4FF0-B13C-8750EC386EFF.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 165
  • CD52C1F5-B07D-4E37-9D48-1EAF152832E9.jpeg
    CD52C1F5-B07D-4E37-9D48-1EAF152832E9.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 164
I just have always liked the idea of a dry shirt and especially for my kids not having to worry bout removing the hood for the papers if stopped.

22R

Last edited:
I came up with this solution. It will hold a bottle of oil,a phone,your registration and other things.

Attachments

• 6E4C2D31-6758-48D9-89BB-9FF12F837545.jpeg
    6E4C2D31-6758-48D9-89BB-9FF12F837545.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 124
  • D6FE9634-A273-4041-A1AD-B8583330941B.jpeg
    D6FE9634-A273-4041-A1AD-B8583330941B.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 127

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I came up with this solution. It will hold a bottle of oil,a phone,your registration and other things.
Oh man, that plate is a "blow off valve", if you were to have a backfire into the engine compartment or flashfire, that lid is designed to "blow" off to allow the pressure to escape. I have never known and SXR to do that, but I had a waterbox explode once on a 550 and it busted my hull and hood................

Oh man, that plate is a "blow off valve", if you were to have a backfire into the engine compartment or flashfire, that lid is designed to "blow" off to allow the pressure to escape. I have never known and SXR to do that, but I had a waterbox explode once on a 550 and it busted my hull and hood................
Pressure can still go out of the two air intake tubes.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Pressure can still go out of the two air intake tubes.
LOL, if you say so........... By the time any of the pressure made it out, your hood hooks would be bent, hood latch trashed and either hull or hood cracked. I had a flash fire once on an old 550 with the hood off. It blew me off my feet back into the water.

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
The Whistle belongs attached to your life jacket, won't help ya when you're disconnected with Ski, per USCG.

You plan to mix that oil by feel or look? I know you switched to injection.

Sorry, but using the blow out of the SXR for that is silly. They make packs you can attach to the handlepole. I ride with a backpack and ditch it when I got to the riding area, or half way and pick it back up on the way home.

interesting, I never knew that, looks like a cool idea though

These guys made one for a 650SX way back when. I got one, but bought a 750SXI before I got around to installing it.

Kawasaki Jet Ski SX 650 Jet Sport Quick Access Storage Compartment Part# 7952​

Attachments

• DSC01427.JPG
    DSC01427.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 61
The 650 had room under the hood over the engine. That basket is pretty deep. I doubt it would fit a SXR. Plus you have to drill a bunch of hoiles through the hood to mount it. But the cap with a handhold is pretty cool!

smokeysevin

one man with a couch
I really considered fabbing a second fire extinguisher holder on the other side in the back of my js for that reason but didn't want to spend the time to do it.

Sean

A blowout door is like any other safety device, important only after the mishap. No jetskier will ever think about it until he blows a hood off at least 3-4 times. How many think of floatation until after they lose a ski?

I had technical difficulties once (well more than once) with a Kawi 550 and I was glad it had a blowout plate and that it was chained to the hood. Otherwise I never would have found it or it could have hurt someone (probably me).

Top Bottom