Other HARDCORE.. bad reivew

Seeing on how I could not find any bad reviews from Hardcore I went ahead and bought a LPW Bigbore motor from him at the start the the season we just had. I was told it was a resleved bigbore motor and was rtr. I put it in my ski and it lasted about 10 minutes.. I understand the risk of buying a used engine but I was hoping for a little longer than 10 mins. He told me he would help out and we could come to some sort of aggrement. I ended up paying about 1000 by the time i got it.. so I origianlly asked him for 500 back and we could 50/50 the costs.. He told me that wasn't possible, I understood and I tried to arrange for him to mail me some Aftermarket parts to make up the difference and that ended up not being possible for him.. then he told me about 2 months ago he would ship me some stock parts ( at this point i figure its this or nothing, plus its always nice to have spare parts around)... still nothing..

I started looking at the blow parts and it turns out its not a Bigbore motor its a Stock 61x cyl bored out to 84.5.. Also the bottom of the ports have been chipped but chamfered by the previous owner. I do have the feeling this motor blew and was rebuilt and sold as somthing its not. The Crank i was told was good but has brutally loud bearings on it.... Again I do understand the risk of buying a used engine and buying off parts off a Fourm but i was hoping for a little better Transaction with such a Reputable person.. I just don't want anyone else to be put in the same spot as i have been..

i have plenty of picutes of the Cyls if anyone wants to see a 61x at 84.5mm

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
Marc, like i said before i am really sorry that happened to you. I had no idea one of the bearings were bad on it since i never ran it. I sold it AS IS NO REFUNDS because of that fact. I sold it for $900 shipped to you in Canada which the shipping cost me close to $200 alone.

Here is the thread, i tried to describe it to the best i knew how. I had originally bought it from a well known and respected member on here which had traded it from another member on here. I was just passing on the info i was told.

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/107679...rdled-head-amp-HOTRODS-CRANK-*-*-*&highlight=

Like i said in some text messages, i feel horrible that it blew up on you after 10 mins. I talked to many other member that you know in Canada and they all said you bought it used and as is. I do feel i need to make it right in some way and had planned on sending some stock parts like starters, bendix, 61x cylinder, etc when i had some spare to send. I also sent $50.00 as a partial refund.

I will still work with you in trying to resolve this. Text me tomorrow when i'm at the shop so we can figure something out.

Top Bottom