Super Jet First Mods for your New Superjet

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
definitely reinforce if youre ridin surf or getting big air off big boat wakes.

aluminum pole and quick steer is a must. i would rather have a good dry pipe like a factory type 4. b pipes are weak... not sure why b pipes are the "free ride choice" and for a superjet, impros 10/16 hooker props are where its at :) if you dont want to run race gas, keep your compression under 185 psi.

I read a little on the worx 201 intake grate but I saw a RIVA TOP LOADER INTAKE GRATE for sale on craigslist wanted to know is the worx 201 intake grate to way to go? I'm a new rider and mainly ride recreational with some freestyle

jacintoacuna

Ill quit before i sit
I just bought a bone stock 96 superjet this is what i went with

. 201 intake grate
. D cut ride plate
. Hooker 9/15 prop
. Pump cone
. 0 degree bars
. Throttle trigger
. Foot strap
. Pf racing handlepole

After i get used to it il get spark arrestors , xmetaks waterbox and b pipe.
Then footholds and trim kit

. 201 intake grate
. D cut ride plate
. Hooker 9/15 prop
. Pump cone
. 0 degree bars
. Throttle trigger
. Foot strap
. Pf racing handlepole

this is a good start. imo i would get the destroyer sponsons and sum turf for handling/rideabilty

. 201 intake grate
. D cut ride plate
. Hooker 9/15 prop
. Pump cone
. 0 degree bars
. Throttle trigger
. Foot strap
. Pf racing handlepole

i just got a RN Superjet thats bone stock, my plan is to ride it til the end of summer then il begin reinforcing, refoaming, dual cool, and all the fruit mentioned above only im going with a solas pump mag or r&d afterburner.. anyone no which way to go? il be using it 50% surf 50% flat water.. also would a 13/18 impellor be the right size to go with? im still a newb..

Hello, everyone. New to the forum and pwc's. I have a few questions, if you guys could possibly help me out. I picked up my first ski, which is a '94 SN SJ with a 61x motor. It has been bored out to a 753-754, 47mm carb, carbon reeds, MSD ignition, modified CDI box and as far as I know, that's about it. Oh, it also has a reinforced nose. I don't really plan on doing too much freestyle with the ski and need some recommendations about what mods I should focus on for some more power and in what order. If you guys could help me out, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks a lot.

option 1
in order of modification:
  1. reinforce skis engine compartment and tray
  2. worx 201 intake grate
  3. skat trak 12/15 freeride swirl prop
  4. cut your pole down to -4"
  5. 0 degree straight bars/X-metal steering
  6. footholds
  7. Hydro Turf
  8. Blowsion Tubby 2's (sponsons)
  9. one way valve/scupper
  10. dual cooling
  11. Factory B Pipe
  12. milled stock head
  13. MSD ignition
  14. porting (LPW)
  15. lowered hood kit (tons of options) I am using the waterdawg hood, very well priced
  16. more motor and hull upgrades
It's my belief that handling mods should always be done first before engine mods

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

option 2
in order of modification:

Stage 1
-Worx 201 Intake Grate/JD Intake Grate
-Skat Swirl
-Stick with stock rideplate for now(D-cut later)
-0 Deg Bars
-Bilge Pump

Stage 2
-Footholds/Turf
-Shorten Stock Handlepole
-Shortened Turn Plate and UMI Steering if you dont mind spending a little more
-Seal Stock Hood!!!
-Reinforce
-Hood Straps/Handlepole Limiting Strap

Stage 3
-Bpipe
-Girdled Head
-Carbon Tech Low Tension Reeds (Until you're ready to spend the big bucks on some really good reeds)

Stage 4
-Enhancer/Modified Stock CDI
-Lightened Flywheel

Stage 5
-Porting
-Bigger Carbs
-Better Reeds

Stage 6
-Aftermarket Hood
-Aftermarket Handlepole
-Scupper
-Tubbies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

RECENT THREAD LINKS:
Unmolested 02 SJ.....For now.....
advice on mods for stock superjet
Help and advice needed for my 701 freeride/freestyle build
http://www.jetskier79.com/gallery/v/yamaslut/album40/
Help and advice needed for my 701 freeride/freestyle build
help what mods to do to this superjet.
Superjet build up, some advice needed.

TECH SECTION LINKS:
browse through this section for tutorials on listed mods
http://www.x-h2o.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

feel free to add your ideas and mods you would do in order of mod... we can make it the end all for people wanting info on first mods for a SJ...

make a list like FLy and I did...

So just a fyi - most of these links are dead.

also, it'd be cool if someone had some pix of the bilge pump installed, some pix of other installed mods would give us noobs a better idea of wtf yall are talking about :silly:

im in the process of a total overhaul on my ski. i have the factory b pipe intake grate ride plate and prop with v force 3 reeds and recently upgraded my carbs to dual 46s. But im not sure on the sponsons now would be the time to install some since my ski is stripped getting prepared for some glass a paint work. So i was wondering if i could get some feed back on sponsons and how they effect handling.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
im in the process of a total overhaul on my ski. i have the factory b pipe intake grate ride plate and prop with v force 3 reeds and recently upgraded my carbs to dual 46s. But im not sure on the sponsons now would be the time to install some since my ski is stripped getting prepared for some glass a paint work. So i was wondering if i could get some feed back on sponsons and how they effect handling.

Everyone I have talked to says they are great in surf and not needed for flatwater.

This is what I started with:

-Jet dyamics grate and short ride plate
-Light pole spring
- aftermarket Bars odi grips
-Frogskins glued on with cyanoacyrlite maxi cure
-Watcon hood seal
-rule 360 with dash switch
- used b pipe
-hooker 9/15

Next will be
Flame arrestors and raincoats
X metal Steering
Destroyer Tubbies
Surf riding stuff like hood strap and hooks, limit rope, dakines

i just modded my 2014 superjet finally. heres a list of what i did, i did it all at once. Duel bilge, i bought the mount from bowsion. honestly waste of money, just mount it to bottom of ski i didnt even use it. pull electrical box and then mount them down there.
footholds
returfed. honestly the turf was a pain the the ass
shorten pole-easy job. hint burn the excess fiberglass inside aluminum bottom part.
tilt trim kit rrp
rrp quick steer
0 degree bars
bilge switch to bars
trigger finger throttle blowsion
hood straps
handlebar limiter rope
intake grate worx 201
skat swirl 9/15 talk to blowsion, theyll set you up based off what your trying to accomplish and go off of weight
also dakine foothold
took me 2 full days to do everything. still have to adjust the trim lever in pump, pain to calibrate it the way i want.

Hello, I was just going to say that free mods are very nice to do first if you haven't the quick steer mod is great look that up on google, and the ride plate mo is great too!:)

Top Bottom