East Coast Watercross Vintage Open Rules?

Is there any rulebook for the vintage open class in east coast watercross? I'd like to know what I can do to my 650 square nose, can I put a pipe on it? I don't see anything in any of the ijsba rulebooks about the vintage class, and east coast watercross does not seem to have their own rulebook.

Thanks for the reply, So can I bring a 90-93 squarenose that had a 701 swapped in with a bunch of mods or it still has to be a 650 motor at the heart of it?

R8 Vintage Open is not a IJSBA class, it is a R8 made up class. Here's the rules and has not been updated yet: http://eastcoastwatercross.com/2017-competition-classes/
Superjet SN 650 only you can mod it but no conversion to a 701 or etc.. , no Superjet 701. The only 701 allow is FX-1. 750SX only and you can mod it but no conversion to an 800, 1100, and etc... , no 750SXI or Pro. Only conversion allow are the 300/440/550 hull skis to a 750.
BUT, if you show up with any conversion vintage skis, most likely you can race it. so go big or go home/get killed. lol

Attachments

• Vintage Open.PNG
    Vintage Open.PNG
    369 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Yeah that picture you sent was the only rules I ever saw about it. I did go and race with a piped, ported 701 in a sn hull. nobody showed up on a js hull and there were two other superjets, one stock 650 and one 701 that was more built than mine lol. It seems pretty relaxed, but I'm wondering if the js guys show up next year will they not want to race against a 701 swapped sj, since at that point there's really not that much difference to a round nose. So I still have not gotten rid of my 650 sj in anticipation that the 701s wont fly next year.

lol... can I guess the results? 1st. the more built 701, 2nd. you, and 3rd. 650 SN. HP is key especially with the big courses these days due to the hi HP roundabout boats. It was always hard to get the Vintage standup class going in R8, not like the X-2 class which is packed. I raced 2 years ago in the R8 Vintage 550 class, there were only 3 of us. Very boring for the price you pay and time. but, the good part is your always on the podium. lol

It seems pretty relaxed said:
Well, they can protest if the online rule has not been change by then, but I don't think Jon will. He races a 550SX/650 conversion and had been the most dedicated racing in that class which I'm surprise he wasn't there racing with you guys.
I might do the first 2 rounds this coming season in MA, not down to travel too far.

lol... can I guess the results? 1st. the more built 701, 2nd. you, and 3rd. 650 SN. HP is key especially with the big courses these days due to the hi HP roundabout boats. It was always hard to get the Vintage standup class going in R8, not like the X-2 class which is packed. I raced 2 years ago in the R8 Vintage 550 class, there were only 3 of us. Very boring for the price you pay and time. but, the good part is your always on the podium. lol
lol yeah, and on saturday I was first other 701 was second 650 never ran, but the same guy got on someones sxr to run around the course for fun, end of saturday I cracked a piston in half at the end of the holeshot in the second ski lites moto so couldn't run vintage or ski lites on sunday.

Top Bottom