DIY beach cart

31bc96a544409b66b4fcdfcfb17a873c.jpg

Well after sticker shock shopping for a beach cart it became clear I would need to build my own. I won’t need to break down and travel with it so weight and modular isn’t that important. Found these for cheap and slapped a coat of paint on them. Order some axles and hubs. I think I have enough aluminum in the scrap bins at work to get most of the raw materials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are now in the early stages of manufacturing a beach cart clamp that may help if you do not want to break down your unit every time View attachment 403134

I would definitely buy one of these when you all are finished!!!

Btw, Is that carpet on your Jetlift bunks/sliders? If so, what did you use to glue it down with? I have been preparing to do the same thing to my Jetlift, but after gluing down a small test patch with DAP contact adhesive I found the carpet pulled away way easier than I would have liked.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Site Supporter

Btw, Is that carpet on your Jetlift bunks/sliders? If so, what did you use to glue it down with? I have been preparing to do the same thing to my Jetlift, but after gluing down a small test patch with DAP contact adhesive I found the carpet pulled away way easier than I would have liked.
dap should have worked.My friend that owns an auto upholstery shop uses dap and it works great.Maybe something happened in the process?

CHRIS@EZ-SKI

Lions Among Sheep

I will check to see what was used on that beach cart it's not mine it is one of our sponsored riders but I will get an answer for you ASAP

dap should have worked.My friend that owns an auto upholstery shop uses dap and it works great.Maybe something happened in the process?

I believe the issue lies mainly with the plastic material the bunks on the Jetlift carts are made out of. They are intended to be somewhat slippery, and that makes bonding anything to them difficult. I will admit that when I did my test patch I didn't rough up the surface at all, just cleaned it thoroughly with brake cleaner. So I'm sure that didn't help matters but I was still surprised at how easy it was to pull the turf/carpet off after 3 or so days of drying. My next test will be to rough up the area before gluing down the turf/carpet. If anyone has any advice on how to go about turfing/carpeting those bunks I'm all ears.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Site Supporter
I believe the issue lies mainly with the plastic material the bunks on the Jetlift carts are made out of. They are intended to be somewhat slippery, and that makes bonding anything to them difficult. I will admit that when I did my test patch I didn't rough up the surface at all, just cleaned it thoroughly with brake cleaner. So I'm sure that didn't help matters but I was still surprised at how easy it was to pull the turf/carpet off after 3 or so days of drying. My next test will be to rough up the area before gluing down the turf/carpet. If anyone has any advice on how to go about turfing/carpeting those bunks I'm all ears.
l think you are on the right track by roughing up the surface.And also use acetone to clean afterwards.Has to be the slick surface.

Top Bottom