B-pipe manifolds for sale

From what I have read, the FX1 chamber is very similar to the MOD but the outlet end kind of extends longer, and it has a few "dents" that are specific to FX1 bits.

Just to be clear, do these chambers fit better in the FX-1 than the MOD? They look great!
Hey bro, been following this a bit. This pipe is an Fx-1 chamber. The same chamber that was discontinued by FP. For those running stock Fx1 tanks. This definitely fits better. I believe the mod you have to dent.

For those running an sj tank. They will also fit. But so will mod as you know.

I believe one of the main benefits is horsepower.
I believe wax said. Performance improvement goes like this.

Mod. Limited + 2hp compared to mod, Fx-1 + 2hp compared to limited and + 4 horsepower to mod.

Fits and performs better.

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Pre buy! Be another 6+ weeks until shipping.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Hello @waxhead. Just pre-ordered the pipe. If we have bought all three pieces will you be sending gaskets and couplers?
if you have bought on a pre-buy you have already saved off the retail price as it is.
We cant then give more, but we will be doing a good price on the gaskets, bolts and coupler which are being made now

Little update from @waxhead
3W_1024x1024@2x.jpg
Complete systems are up for sale $1,050 shipped.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
With the other threads / Comments flying around right now, I choose to put my comment on the WAx Racing Pipe thread where it belongs.

I have purchased and tested the Wax Pipe, and compared to the FPP B. Is there an improvement? Yes, And No! But that answer depends on the application your using it on.
The main difference is the solid, Non-Water jacketed manifold. The Manifold runs hotter, due to its limited cooling. Is this a plus or minus? Yes, both ways.
A hotter manifold allows for a much faster Hot Gas Path. This is bad for freeride/freestyle. The powerband blows right past the bottom end power. Limiting low end response.
so the low end "Hit" is dubbed down. However, for racing, it allows for 300-500 rpm greater peak RPM's = more Speed!! Back in the race days, many tuners, Myself included.
Filled the Water jackets with epoxy to allow for hotter EGT. If im not mistaken, Jared consulted with Tim Tynan on this same subject to design the manifold. So the Wax manifold performs as intended. Going back to Freeride/Freestyle. The FPP B would have an advantage over the Wax. That is in its stock form. Tuning wise, and playing with water injection points. This all changes. Low end power can be made. you just need to know where to look? One item I would suggest to Wax as an accessory to this pipe, is to offer a ECWI system. (Electronic controlled water injection) Then he would have the best of both worlds. Sorry, I'm not going to offer too many of my tuning tips.
Wax came to market when no FPP parts were available. As of now, FPP is avail as complete systems only. Where Wax you can get just the part you need.
Hope they both continue to produce parts!

P

With the other threads / Comments flying around right now, I choose to put my comment on the WAx Racing Pipe thread where it belongs.

I have purchased and tested the Wax Pipe, and compared to the FPP B. Is there an improvement? Yes, And No! But that answer depends on the application your using it on.
The main difference is the solid, Non-Water jacketed manifold. The Manifold runs hotter, due to its limited cooling. Is this a plus or minus? Yes, both ways.
A hotter manifold allows for a much faster Hot Gas Path. This is bad for freeride/freestyle. The powerband blows right past the bottom end power. Limiting low end response.
so the low end "Hit" is dubbed down. However, for racing, it allows for 300-500 rpm greater peak RPM's = more Speed!! Back in the race days, many tuners, Myself included.
Filled the Water jackets with epoxy to allow for hotter EGT. If im not mistaken, Jared consulted with Tim Tynan on this same subject to design the manifold. So the Wax manifold performs as intended. Going back to Freeride/Freestyle. The FPP B would have an advantage over the Wax. That is in its stock form. Tuning wise, and playing with water injection points. This all changes. Low end power can be made. you just need to know where to look? One item I would suggest to Wax as an accessory to this pipe, is to offer a ECWI system. (Electronic controlled water injection) Then he would have the best of both worlds. Sorry, I'm not going to offer too many of my tuning tips.
Wax came to market when no FPP parts were available. As of now, FPP is avail as complete systems only. Where Wax you can get just the part you need.
Hope they both continue to produce parts!

P
So with all the information Paul has provided above, maybe this manifold would still be close to a FPP manifold for a freeride application if using the FPP Limited pipe? Just spitballing here...

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
So with all the information Paul has provided above, maybe this manifold would still be close to a FPP manifold for a freeride application if using the FPP Limited pipe? Just spitballing here...
Yes, Limited chamber does make it better, and run wetter than normal

So what I’m seeing here is that to make it run, you need water injection or there is no bottom end, which the b pipe already struggled a lot compared to other pipes on top end but now slightly improved. Is ECWI a product that is even available anymore?

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Couldn't low end be adjusted with the 3 water screws?
Yes it can be. No one has ridden my skis and thought it has no low end. But lets be clear here are we talking about low end or throttle response. Have you considered how fast a ski goes through the rev range, fast huh. When people are saying low end they are really talking about throttle response. Bascially your standing on a 7000 rpm torque convertor. Your ski goes from low to high rpm in a under 1/2 a second. Then your hull catches up with the thrust made by your pump, From then on in you can get a little more rpm as the pipe heats right up and pulls more on top as the exhaust pulse speeds up. Anyone who has been here for more than 5 minutes wil lknow that wax is a great believer in reverse jetting. This will cool the pipe when you get off the throttle with a overly rich mixture and then burn of nearly instantly as you open the throttle. Paul and I have different ways to tune and what we do works for our own boats, I have never had someone complain about low end throttle response with skis i have built / tuned. The good thing is paul and I are on here a lot and can answer questions as well.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
So what I’m seeing here is that to make it run, you need water injection or there is no bottom end, which the b pipe already struggled a lot compared to other pipes on top end but now slightly improved. Is ECWI a product that is even available anymore?
No its not. We use fuel with reverse jetting to do it. Also a nice curve like the wax v3 will give you the low end/throttle response you want

No its not. We use fuel with reverse jetting to do it. Also a nice curve like the wax v3 will give you the low end/throttle response you want
So of course the water screw tuning on top of the carb and pump tuning is integral to a well running ski, but just trying to understand that I would have to run Zeel and/or ECWI to get the bottom end hit?
Is this purely to do with the manifold? Not trying to be petty here, I am truly a prospective buyer just trying to understand.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
What are you thinking low end is. Are you talking about the throttle response of idle ?? A lot of that is based on the impeller and nozzle combination. If you are running to tall and impeller you will never got low end response. Personally I would rather run my engines cool and my pipe hot. This makes them crack on hard. I would rather have my engine free to rev than to try and make it lug.

What are you thinking low end is. Are you talking about the throttle response of idle ?? A lot of that is based on the impeller and nozzle combination. If you are running to tall and impeller you will never got low end response. Personally I would rather run my engines cool and my pipe hot. This makes them crack on hard. I would rather have my engine free to rev than to try and make it lug.
Define it however you want, low end, throttle response, whatever, that is not the point. That hit off the bottom was the best part about the b pipe along with the mid range power. But to stop beating around the bush here, there's almost no performance comparisons posted about this pipe unless I am missing them, only people whining about where it is made. From the few that people have posted that I've seen, it seems the new pipe doesn't quite emulate the performance of the original. Is what it is, or does it just need tuning?

Top Bottom