ATP epic

Pretty sure most of his info is based on the older epic. It did cause backfire issues and too much advance on start up. The hx3 actually has a fixed start advance, you can put 40 degrees on your curve, but the hx3 will only give your 12 till your motor is running.
lol yea right,only happens to old epic...perfect timing patrick. Do you guys really think he is alone in this issue? google is your friend,search and ye shall find. I know beta testers that had serious issues with the hx3,and those were hand potted. sure they only give low timing on start circuit...when they are working right. Only a ski masochist would attempt to run this in their ski for free,much less a case of beer.

there is nothing more frustrating than a half ass working ign in a surf ski.they are very hard to diagnose and cause crazy stress,we had a few in our group,no one here would even consider running one, save the newbs the headache,,maybe they will stick with it longer

lol yea right,only happens to old epic...perfect timing patrick. Do you guys really think he is alone in this issue? google is your friend,search and ye shall find. I know beta testers that had serious issues with the hx3,and those were hand potted. sure they only give low timing on start circuit...when they are working right. Only a ski masochist would attempt to run this in their ski for free,much less a case of beer.

there is nothing more frustrating than a half ass working ign in a surf ski.they are very hard to diagnose and cause crazy stress,we had a few in our group,no one here would even consider running one, save the newbs the headache,,maybe they will stick with it longer
Masochist or not, for $50 I will see if I can get that one working. I like the hx3 enough that I want one in my other ski also. I have been running one on my 16 mm and my 12 mm with no problems, plus they make so much more power than the enhancer did. I would have traded even for both enhancers I have here, but they are confirmed dead!

no question timing makes more power,and enhancers die also,diff is they dont destroy all the other motor parts when they die. With a 16 mm stroker why would you still be playing with a hx3 and stock fw anyway. flame or msd all the way at that level

Because I want a charging system that's why, and they fail more than the HX3 does. I have never had any parts broken from the hx3 plus it is an easy ignition to program. You can relax and stop worrying about my program, I have been doing this an extremely long time and $50. Certainly isn't going to ruin my season if this goes south.

its all good bro,Id take the time to round up all the epic and hx3 failure threads here with broke starters,bendix,flat spotted bearings,for you. but im good with taking the horse to the water,its to much work to make him drink it. Wish you luck,50 bucks aint squat to lose,but if it backfires so hard on your first start it jacks up a bearing or a rod on that 16 mill,dont be shy to come here and let some others know and save them the trauma

What do you mean by Disarm?

Did ATP Discontinue them? I believe so. They are no longer on their website.

Bought an atp hx3 about 2 years ago and stopped working a week ago. I talked to the people atp but they did not give me a solution. I told them that the msd ignition lasted 7 years and I sold it to buy this one. And check the stator coils and ht coils. they are fine.. Change the cdi atp for an original cdi and the engine starts very well .. The problem is that the spark throws it 2 seconds after pressing the start button and is very weak. That's why I think the problem is the charge capacitor inside the cdi. I wanted to know if anyone has already disarmed it to know where it is. that is all.

So what happened to these in the end? Why were they discontinued? When? ect

I have been away from skis for a few years, bought a gen 1 epic when they first came out, ran well maybe 2-3 times, then started running on 1 cyl every now and then plus kill button would not turn off ski, until one day while trying to get it started at the ramp it backfired and blew my bendix too pieces, Pulled ski apart and never got to fixing her.....
sad because when it did run right It was the fastest it ever was....

long beach local

long beach local
i bought one of these like 10 year’s ago and it worked well for like 3 months then it quit. I was running it with a TBM flywheel and if I remember they aren’t compatible and getting a warranty was a big hassle so it ended up in the trash and another lesson learned.

Top Bottom